Rx 560 Driver issues

Go to solution Solved by kingovninja,

Ultimately fixed the issue by reseating everything. I fully disassembled the pc, tested each component in a separate setup that is known working, everything worked fine, and upon reassembling the pc, it just worked like it should have, periodically giving notifications of Wattman crashing for seemingly no reason. I didn't mess with the druver files at all, and I used the Windows 7 x64 version of the drivers. Hopefully someone finds this helpful!

tldr: reseat everything cross fingers.

Alright so here's the issue, I had purchased an Asus ROG Strix Rx 560 4gb from eBay, and the card works fine! Until I install the driver, which promptly causes the pc to turn off.

We're not even talking BSOD. I press the power button, PC loads, Windows logs in, and about 1 minute of being on the desktop doing nothing, the pc just turns off in the same

manner as pulling the power plug from the wall. When Windows loads, if I open AMD Radeon Adrenaline, this instantly kills the power.

I have determined this to be solely a driver issue, as running the card on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 pc, its runs fantastic and stays well within its temperature range.

Yes, the 6 pin is properly connected, and I have cleaned the entire card thoroughly.

Running Windows 8.1 in Safe Mode, the pc runs fine, attempting to open AMD Radeon Adrenaline, it reports that there is no AMD graphics card installed, checking device

manager shows the Rx 560 driver present.

I am trying to run the card on a Windows 8.1 Home install, and am well aware of the fact that there isn't an official 8.1 driver for this card, but have seen many posts on other

sites of people saying that, using the Windows 7 driver on 8.1 just works, and also using the Windows 10 driver is pretty much hit or miss based on hardware, where in my case I

couldn't even get the installer to recognize the card.

I'm not looking to be told "just use 10/7" as this is a build for a friend, who already had 8.1 and is rebuilding his pc.

I have used all of the proper drivers for everything, and updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest release.

I haven't found anything conflicting in the hardware, and the PSU is well over the maximum usage:

Asus M5A78L-M Plus/USB3

AMD Phenom ii x4 B95

4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600

Corsair CX650M

I ask for any suggestions, if any, for finding a workaround. I have already tried AMD Driver Cocktail Mixer; which is a LOT harder to find than it used to be; with no success.

I don't mind messing with the registry as this is a clean install on a new hard drive, and worst case scenario I can just reinstall.

Thanks for any input!

Im a computer noob but if it was used it might have the old driver from the previous owner and with you downloading a new driver it is causing it to crash. 

Then again I am a computer noob so you should definitely look more into it!

11 minutes ago, Hadi7200 said:

Im a computer noob but if it was used it might have the old driver from the previous owner and with you downloading a new driver it is causing it to crash. 

Then again I am a computer noob so you should definitely look more into it!

Thats not how that works my dude

1 minute ago, Hadi7200 said:

To have any of the old drivers, I would have to also have the previous owners computer. The point of DDU is to remove any remnant drivers on a pc, and being that this is a fresh install of Windows, there are no other remnant drivers, whatsoever. I think you're thinking of the BIOS on the 560, in which case, DDU does nothing, and I haven't modified it as it is already running the most recent release by asus, and since the BIOS does not change between computers, this isn't the issue, as the card works perfectly fine on my main pc.

Ultimately fixed the issue by reseating everything. I fully disassembled the pc, tested each component in a separate setup that is known working, everything worked fine, and upon reassembling the pc, it just worked like it should have, periodically giving notifications of Wattman crashing for seemingly no reason. I didn't mess with the druver files at all, and I used the Windows 7 x64 version of the drivers. Hopefully someone finds this helpful!

tldr: reseat everything cross fingers.