Cybersecurity help needed.

I'm a proficient network engineer with cisco certifications. I have done 2 years of schooling with programing. C++, Java and Sql. Anywho I'm young and still have much to learn. 
My father was browsing dell (.) com the other-night on an old i5 system. He then clicked on a system supposedly and was brought to an error page. Also the other nights ago he was on the phone will dell receiving a special deal. The link they had him go to then might have been temp for the day idk. The second it happened he shutdown his computer Saving the link to his email and forwarded it to me. I opened it on a blank computer using a live linux distro.  Here are the contents of the page.

Server Error in '/Financing' Application.

A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (&).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (&).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34274

following my logic The chances of being on the receiving end of a xss are like being struck by lightning. Hey its still possible.

I Then came across 2 possibilities. It was an error spit out on their end randomly. Or there was a xss (cross-site attack).

I thought it was an error, so i explored that area. I found somewhere that some characters in the link were "dangerous" I Then deleted all "&" characters from the link. Received this msg.

"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Anywho Just wanted to get your thoughts on it. I'd hate to tell my father the wrong thing and his gets or has malware or a virus on his computer.

It's almost certainly just a misconfiguration on Dell's end, detecting a legitimate URL as malicious. If it were an XSS attack, the "malicious" part is just the link that you clicked, and if it was an internal Dell link then that's not likely to be a concern. Either way, it doesn't indicate malware on your father's computer.

HTTP/2 203

I agree @colonel_mortis he also mentioned his mouse kept jumping to right side of the screen when he was typing. he is using my old logitech g502. In reguards to the link I agree. The mouse cursor thing he mentioned I think its just scratches on his old desk jumping the mouse around. Thanks for the reply.