EA and other gaming companies need to succeed to give us better and new content

As much as i enjoy seeing EA get styled on with bad performing results its very bad that this is happening. This results in them dropping more risky ip's and developing new property because they cant absorb the costs of developing. Say Anthem for example, i really enjoyed it and have got to then endgame and will start the grind towards new and better stuff (i'm going to ignore the controversies  with the game since i feel that it does not massively effect it in the long run). The reason of why i ignore the controversies is that they only effect  a minority of people who like to bash the company just because, but it fails as others have said it could spell the end of Bioware or at least cause a large restructure.  Further more if you see more gaming orientated media the pieces written about x or y game will only be a hit piece that gain views/clicks but that is a journo for you. 

A redeeming factor in this is that Apex might save multiple projects within EA since the extra money means that can again take risk and explore new options. Also the shareholders which of course dictate it.  since this would mean the recovery of the share price and that would mean dividends for the investors which provide the financial safety for EA. If they continue to be troubled they will fall back on bad practices i.e loot boxes and since they are a more or less guaranteed  way of leeching money from people they will continue to do so, so they can again survive.

Now lets go for activation the only real game they seem to produce now is COD and we all know what a used sack or taters (boil em mash em) it is. But it seems to make them money had over fist every year so much so they can continue to invest into making more and more games of the same type. When was the last time Activation really came up with a totally new IP that actually changed the game and perhaps started something new. Admittedly for someone like them they struggle to innovate since they mainly deal with main stream and now the more indie audience that other platforms enjoy, so when the new trend say as for the past few years the 'battle royal' though they may not invent or define the genre they can certainly take a good stab at it which in the case of black out has been a good success. (god i hope battle royale dies soon, i do enjoy it but its just dull seeing so many games shove it in).

So its conclusion time sine most people will skip here straight away for the defining point. Large publishers like EA, Activation Blizzard need to  make good money so they can allow for new major changes and development to happen since the dilution of industry will mean that though there may be more choice the quality of the product may not be as good (Anthem is not a good example), Say DICE were totally independent would they produce a better projects or would they fall into a cycle like the one they are maybe abut to fall into of more frequent releases which are more hit and miss. I want to see the large publishers succeed because they though not always glamorously do take up the main weight of the heavy hitters and dissapointers since since they take most of the flak for it. if Anthem was again totally indie it would be seen as pluck and would be allowed the time and space to develop. Yes there is no excuse for delivering unfinished projects to the masses but i think those lessons are beginning to be learned; R6 and almost any battlefield game to date of recent years took time to stew and get better. Attitudes are changing and games are now being used more as long term project which is where the games as a service is being used to best example also WOW is a great example of something that took time to get where it is. We as an exquisitely critical audience need to lean the balance of bashing and attacking a game or anything in this medium and allowing the product time to get better by supporting and giving feed back rather that going 'its shit, fuck ea they are greedy corporate wank sticks and bloody beloved studio killers' which they are somewhat. So hold your judgement and do try and evolve your own opinion rather that quoting reviews and boycott the things your ranting about. So buy and try then maybe refund if your don't like it that much, but hopefully with a better attitude we wiil get the games we want at the quality we want and both side will hopefully be happy.

Though there will always be haters.

(i wrote this very late at night and im tired af so please ignore any spelling mistakes or bad uses of English i look forward to the reply or maybe lack there of)

Yes I am British. Greatest nation ever. No argument. 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Why do the current big names need to stay the big names? Video games as a market will exist whether EA or Activision make games or not. Their IPs might die, but if I never get another FIFA, Assassin's Creed, or Battlefield I'm totally okay with that as long as publishers aren't trying to bend me over a barrel and wring my wallet for every micro-transaction laden penny they can find.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

7 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

On the flip side, companies making money encourages what they're doing is okay, therefore, there's no need to change their strategy.

You also don't need a AAA company to make great games. I've played some memorable indie games.

true but for people like EA indie games don't bring what they need yes it might diversify the portfolio but it wont earn them the money for hitting the main stream where their vast audiences are. of those indie games you enjoyed how many of them are native on console  

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 minute ago, Acid Panda said:

true but for people like EA indie games don't bring what they need yes it might diversify the portfolio but it wont earn them the money for hitting the main stream where their vast audiences are. of those indie games you enjoyed how many of them are native on console  

I wasn't suggesting that EA pick up on indie games. I'm saying you don't need a AAA to make great games.

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Why do the current big names need to stay the big names? Video games as a market will exist whether EA or Activision make games or not. Their IPs might die, but if I never get another FIFA, Assassin's Creed, or Battlefield I'm totally okay with that as long as publishers aren't trying to bend me over a barrel and wring my wallet for every micro-transaction laden penny they can find.

if you have not bought into the loot boxes they your not getting any barrel funny business, big names dont have to stay with big games but for the audience they want to hit they wont since its just not woth it. if you got some one who always buys cod and fifa every year they are more likely (i'm generalising here) to stick with those franchises for monetary gain. and they wont want to explore the indie area

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.