FPS stutters

Jeff H

Old specs: core i5 6400, gtx 950, msi h110, 8 gb 2133 mhz ram, 500 watt pcu, 1tb harddrive. I decided it was time to upgrade my computer to the first thing I got was a graphics card which was the gtx 1070, so I installed it and I would get these really bad lag spikes. After dealing with these horrible FPS drops i decided to upgrade my whole pc new specs: Ryzen 5 2600, I kept the gtx 1070, 8gb ram 3200 mhz, msi b350 mate, Corsair RMX 650 pcu, and I also got a 480 gb ssd. After getting all of this I still am getting FPS drops. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue???

Just now, Jeff H said:

Old specs: core i5 6400, gtx 950, msi h110, 8 gb 2133 mhz ram, 500 watt pcu, 1tb harddrive. I decided it was time to upgrade my computer to the first thing I got was a graphics card which was the gtx 1070, so I installed it and I would get these really bad lag spikes. After dealing with these horrible FPS drops i decided to upgrade my whole pc new specs: Ryzen 5 2600, I kept the gtx 1070, 8gb ram 3200 mhz, msi b350 mate, Corsair RMX 650 pcu, and I also got a 480 gb ssd. After getting all of this I still am getting FPS drops. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue???

Also to add on to that I feel like everything is underperforming. When I look up a video of someone who has the same specs and is playing the same game I seem to get lower frames then them.

2x4GB of 3200MHz or 1x8GB? Games run a lot worse with single channel memory.

25 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

2x4GB of 3200MHz or 1x8GB? Games run a lot worse with single channel memory.

Yeah it’s yeah it’s 2x4 gb 3200 mhz