Logitech G502 and G502 Hero?

PopsicleHustler
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
12 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

New Hero sensor. 

The PMW3366 in the old one is still one of the best. They both track so good there would be very few people who could tell the difference between the two. 

We've previously discussed the performance of the HERO sensor present in the G305 compared to the 336X sensor found in various other mice like the Ultralight and G Pro. We determined that the HERO, once the DPI levels were matched properly, performed basically the same as the 336X in game. This means there is no acceleration, or any real performance issues to speak of. We did however find that in order to match the cm/360 for each mouse, we had to use 850DPI on the G305 and 800DPI on all other 336X mice.

Hi

What is the difference between those 2? I'm looking for a new mouse and I really want to buy G502, just need to know the difference. They both cost the same 60GBP, have same body, programmable buttons, adjustable weights, RGB lights and everything. Only thing that is different is max DPI, 12k vs 16k on Hero one. Does that mean their sensors are different?

Links for both 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GS6ZB7T/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019DVCW3E/ref=twister_B07HL1796X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Any info is appreciated.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

12 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

New Hero sensor. 

The PMW3366 in the old one is still one of the best. They both track so good there would be very few people who could tell the difference between the two. 

We've previously discussed the performance of the HERO sensor present in the G305 compared to the 336X sensor found in various other mice like the Ultralight and G Pro. We determined that the HERO, once the DPI levels were matched properly, performed basically the same as the 336X in game. This means there is no acceleration, or any real performance issues to speak of. We did however find that in order to match the cm/360 for each mouse, we had to use 850DPI on the G305 and 800DPI on all other 336X mice.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I have the G502 'spectrum' variant. Was going for shape and button layout. r/mousereview will complain that it's too heavy, but honestly anything that has mass is too heavy for them.

Been through 1.5 years of heavy-use, no issues with sensor or scroll wheel.

14 hours ago, kingfurykiller said:

Been through 1.5 years of heavy-use, no issues with sensor or scroll wheel.

I've had mine 4+ years now with all the weights in it. The sniper button gets by far the most use, but the side thumb buttons are often used for "crouch and reload" in video games

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

HERO version has 1 extra button if i am not mistaken and if they cost about the same get the HERO one.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

26 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

HERO version has 1 extra button if i am not mistaken and if they cost about the same get the HERO one.

Already ordered it, should arrive this Thursday. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I've had mine 4+ years now with all the weights in it. The sniper button gets by far the most use, but the side thumb buttons are often used for "crouch and reload" in video games

I use the sniper button as easier "special attack" (shout in Skyrim) or melee (Mass Effect). Forward button is crouch/roll, and back is "interact".

Such a great mouse