400W PSU

Oalei
Go to solution Solved by monjessenstein,

Yeah should be fine, I have a 450W psu with a 470 and 1600 which would probably be around the same power budget.

im not advocating for people to dissemble for fun or for "performance gain" im just saying in a situation where your out of luck this is a band-aid solution.

now as a demonstration of whats inside a generic ATX psu pictured blow you will see the white fan header on the very bottom of of the board away from the coils or other high capacity stuff but, at this point you would of let it all drain out to minimize risk. your only point of risk is plugging in the fan which can be mitigated even further with electrician pliers and/or gloves for added protection. as for the fan is mounted to the top grill of psu

image.png.c113f754edf3248f3ea5ccc65e8d27b2.png

as for testing. i made a low tech hot box out of a wood with a heater cut into it the back side with apoxie to seal up air leakage . cheapo thermistor where used and temps are probably with in 5C of error. cheap decibel meter was used 

Tester: https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001777

as for load i daisy chains GPU's of all sorts to get the loads i wanted.

didn't capture airflow. simply put my goal was to see if this work or not and i was on a tight budget at this time and had to make due with what i had.

this is redneck testing at it best. now hold ma beeer

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, my 400W Pure Power 10 doesn't work well with VEGA at all.

500W seems to be the minimum.

so if i buy Super Flower Leadex Gold 550W its more or less enough, with a stress test?

42 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

im not advocating for people to dissemble for fun or for "performance gain" im just saying in a situation where your out of luck this is a band-aid solution.

now as a demonstration of whats inside a generic ATX psu pictured blow you will see the white fan header on the very bottom of of the board away from the coils or other high capacity stuff but, at this point you would of let it all drain out to minimize risk. your only point of risk is plugging in the fan which can be mitigated even further with electrician pliers and/or gloves for added protection. as for the fan is mounted to the top grill of psu

image.png.c113f754edf3248f3ea5ccc65e8d27b2.png

as for testing. i made a low tech hot box out of a wood with a heater cut into it the back side with apoxie to seal up air leakage . cheapo thermistor where used and temps are probably with in 5C of error. cheap decibel meter was used 

Tester: https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001777

as for load i daisy chains GPU's of all sorts to get the loads i wanted.

didn't capture airflow. simply put my goal was to see if this work or not and i was on a tight budget at this time and had to make due with what i had.

this is redneck testing at it best. now hold ma beeer

well that's some interesting stuff you done there

@LienusLateTips welp i need help choosing a PSU im from Indonesia can you help me? i prefer if its not going over 70ish dollar or   1 Million Rupiah and its for future vega upgrade so if you cant find the psu atleast tell me the minimum requirement and stuff

11 minutes ago, Oalei said:

@LienusLateTips welp i need help choosing a PSU im from Indonesia can you help me? i prefer if its not going over 70ish dollar or   1 Million Rupiah and its for future vega upgrade so if you cant find the psu atleast tell me the minimum requirement and stuff

lienus is getting some sleep

check the new psu tier list i would suggest! budget or higher

27 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

lienus is getting some sleep

check the new psu tier list i would suggest! budget or higher

Dang 2 hours ago, thanks for informing me btw

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

Dang 2 hours ago, thanks for informing me btw

no problem. we've been working on it for weeks with some heavy discussions, but it came out great and has the potential to become even better