First Build (Upgrading soon)

JaeDee884

Few months ago i built my first build, I love it to bits, but i've decided it isn't enough and i'm going to go for a higher end build.

CPU: i5-3570k

GPU: Gigabyte 7970 OC

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

PSU: Antec VP650P 650W

HDD: SeaGate 1TB, WD Blue 320gb (old laptop HDD), Hitachi 750GB (another old Laptop HDD)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

Case: Enermax Clipeus

Cooling: Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling System

I bought this build based on saving and decent performance, But I've decided I want to build a truly unique PC, I plan to do a truly Custom Watercooling setup for silence and with enough power that I can run all gaming applications at high FPS in eyefinity above 1080p

I've ordered myself a NZXT Switch 810 case, and am willing to take suggestions on hardware. Being limited to living in the Australian Outback is gonna make this tough

all I wrote above of my current build, cost 1600

Budget for next Build is Up too 2800 and hope to save cost by reusing the CPU, would love to reuse the GPU but non reference board for watercooling, and i don't know how universal GPU watercooling blocks works in high ambient temp environments.

Also Apologies for my poorly written post, i'm new to forums and not exactly sure on protocol.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

PICS!!! Or it didnt happen. :P

Are you going to do a full water cooled loop in this case? Get an EATX motherboard and water cool everything.

PICS!!! Or it didnt happen. :P

Are you going to do a full water cooled loop in this case? Get an EATX motherboard and water cool everything.

When it comes to Boards I'm Partial to the G1 Sniper 3 Due to features and the colour scheme

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

With water cooling and your sort of budget, you may as well plump for an i7, partly for the extra horsepower and also for the sheer heck of it.

When I've got all the parts for it, I'll do one of them proper style build logs on here.

I plan to Mod the case a bit too, chose the switch 810 over the Shinobi XL and the Phantom XL for the more headroom for modding and no drive bay doors.

Been thinking of getting the i7 but building this build won't happen for at least 6 months, will be slowly getting parts of it per month and won't be fussed if it's last gen when i'm done, it'll be and OC'd water cooled last gen.