I want to set up a custom loop

Now i have looked at guides and prices for things but i am unsure of some stuff. Is a d5 pump good? I have a midtower case and i want to put a cpu and gpu block loop in. Now the picture i have put in here is a little bit old, i have since swapped out those two cards for a Radeon VII. I have found a full cover block for the card that i was wanting to use, cant remember the brand off the top of my head. Now would it be possible to set up a loop

in this case? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. If you want any more information please let me know. Thanks!

125E7C54-64A6-4830-A4E2-1D8D5A906874.jpeg

you can build a custom loop in pretty much any cases that have the proper monts i.e rads, pump, etc

the question is do you want to build a loop in this case 

Jayztwocents has demonstrated that a custom loop is possible in any case by doing it in his gigantic CaseLabs case (skunkworks) and doing a custom loop inside of the loque ghost s1 (a mini itx case).

A Lini is correct, it's really just how you want to do it.

Also, maybe clean up all those cables? :) 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Yes i do, i just have no idea how i would accomplish it in this case. I would obviously need more than a 120 rad. But idk where it would go or where i could put the pump/res. Maybe get a pump res combo? Would it be powerful enough for gpu and cpu?

Just now, mxk. said:

Jayztwocents has demonstrated that a custom loop is possible in any case by doing it in his gigantic CaseLabs case (skunkworks) and doing a custom loop inside of the loque ghost s1 (a mini itx case).

A Lini is correct, it's really just how you want to do it.

Also, maybe clean up all those cables? :) 

Yea haha i have been meaning to clean up the cables but too much going on with school and work :/ 

1 minute ago, ChrisZH said:

Yes i do, i just have no idea how i would accomplish it in this case. I would obviously need more than a 120 rad. But idk where it would go or where i could put the pump/res. Maybe get a pump res combo? Would it be powerful enough for gpu and cpu?

Yeah you could pick up a pump res combo or fit a res under the radeon V with the pump between the front rad and rest of the PC, or vice versa.

I've seen both. Take a look at ekwb.com, they have a configurator where you put in all your parts and it can give you the stuff that'll fit and you can change some of the parts that they suggest if you want something else.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

34 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Yeah you could pick up a pump res combo or fit a res under the radeon V with the pump between the front rad and rest of the PC, or vice versa.

I've seen both. Take a look at ekwb.com, they have a configurator where you put in all your parts and it can give you the stuff that'll fit and you can change some of the parts that they suggest if you want something else.

Hmm alright i will check it out. Would soft line tubing be better for first time?

Just now, ChrisZH said:

Hmm alright i will check it out. Would soft line tubing be better for first time?

Yeah soft tubing will definitely be easier. If you want the challenge and the extra money for a heat gun and bending tools, you can do hardline.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

Yeah soft tubing will definitely be easier. If you want the challenge and the extra money for a heat gun and bending tools, you can do hardline.

Im assuming you have done custom loops before. How did you go about planning the loop? Would it be possible to attach a 240 rad to the front fans?

32 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Im assuming you have done custom loops before. How did you go about planning the loop? Would it be possible to attach a 240 rad to the front fans?

I haven't actually done a loop 

but I'm fairly sure that you use long screws to attach both. A lot of cases have brackets for these kinds of things too. 

If the fan is strong enough I would think that you would go to the front of the case and hold the fans and radiator up and screw in the fans and the long screw will eventually go threw into the radiator.

Just that sounds kind of sketchy to me so I would look it up if you want to try.

Maybe get two radiators since you have a radeon 7.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra