Aero Cool Integrator 500W - any good?

uberas

Hello, I'm sniping to build a PC when third gen of ryzen gonna arrive

I'm not quite sure what components gonna use so let's assume it'll be something like ryzen 7 1700 + GTX1070 in case of power usage (worst case)

Will AeroCool Integrator 500W do the job? I've just sold Corsair HX650 (due to its age) and looking for something under £30. 

Thanks a lot.

I'd try and look for something a bit better to be honest. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I'd try and look for something a bit better to be honest. 

It looks like the best choice under £30 in the UK, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just now, uberas said:

Thanks.

You will not find anything decent for under £30, try and save up for at least a Corsair CX550M. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

You will not find anything decent for under £30, try and save up for at least a Corsair CX550M. 

How about this little chap:

https://skinflint.co.uk/be-quiet-system-power-9-400w-atx-2-4-bn245-a1765560.html?hloc=uk

From discussion I've had on PSU Grade topic they recommended me to exchange my HX650 for it, but is 400W enough for that build? PSU calculator say so but I'm still curious.

£30 can't get you anything good PSU-wise. Never cheap out on buying PSUs, they're one of the most important parts of your PC.

I would save up at least £50, that way you can buy something like a Corsair CX. If buying a CX make sure to buy one with the grey label like a CX450/CX450M/CX550/CX550M.

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Why do you want to use a <£30 PSU to power a 1070 and a 1700?

I'm not quite sure, that's just the worst case scenario - i may end up buing 3300g if the performance gonna match GTX1050 or so.

6 minutes ago, 1kv said:

£30 can't get you anything good PSU-wise. Never cheap out on buying PSUs, they're one of the most important parts of your PC.

I would save up at least £50, that way you can buy something like a Corsair CX. If buying a CX make sure to buy one with the grey label like a CX450/CX450M/CX550/CX550M.

I do understand that, but hey I've seen some whooping deals around newegg or something - I think that it is possible to actually buy some good tech for around £30.

(I'm not building anything at the moment so I've got some time [4 months] to search)

3 minutes ago, uberas said:

I think that it is possible to actually buy some good tech for around £30

Sometimes cheapest isn't always the best especially PSU's, it's just a fact of life. 

زندگی از چراغ

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Sometimes cheapest isn't always the best especially PSU's, it's just a fact of life. 

It's not the cheapest way (CiT 400W). Just trying to balance price/performance here. I'll swap it within a year or two anyway.

Just now, uberas said:

I'll swap it within a year or two anyway.

With a better quality PSU you won't have to do that. 

زندگی از چراغ

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

With a better quality PSU you won't have to do that. 

Talking about whole PC (to avoid depreciation) there is no point for going higher as it'll never come back at the end of a day.

3 minutes ago, uberas said:

It's not the cheapest way (CiT 400W). Just trying to balance price/performance here. I'll swap it within a year or two anyway.

The sweet spot for PSU price/performance is in the £50-80 range. Cheaper stuff usually has awful electrical performance and protection circuitry, while more expensive stuff tends to be overkill for most systems.

23 minutes ago, uberas said:

https://skinflint.co.uk/be-quiet-system-power-9-400w-atx-2-4-bn245-a1765560.html?hloc=uk

From discussion I've had on PSU Grade topic they recommended me to exchange my HX650 for it, but is 400W enough for that build? PSU calculator say so but I'm still curious.

system power 9 is decent

it would be a little worse than the cx(m), but much better than the original idea

1 hour ago, uberas said:

Hello, I'm sniping to build a PC when third gen of ryzen gonna arrive

I'm not quite sure what components gonna use so let's assume it'll be something like ryzen 7 1700 + GTX1070 in case of power usage (worst case)

Will AeroCool Integrator 500W do the job? I've just sold Corsair HX650 (due to its age) and looking for something under £30. 

Thanks a lot.

Don't.  If you don't have the money for a decent PSU, don't by the Ryzen.  Simple economics.

The Aerocool Inegrator is a scam.  It has an 80 PLUS Bronze logo, but there's no 80 PLUS report and the PSU is 230V only (which is a different logo).  I've tested one and it barely does 80 PLUS white efficiency.  The performance is horrendous as well.  Voltage regulation was poor and ripple was higher than I'd like to see.

Someone over at jonnyguru.com will post a review as soon as there's time.  I can't because obviously there's a conflict of interest there, but the hard data doesn't lie.

7 hours ago, uberas said:

Thanks.

Xilence Performance A+, its a bit more than 30 Pound but also soo much better.

Yeah, 400W is OK, but if possible I'd get something way better if possible...

The HX650 is a bit old, that's the refresh of the Original Corsair PSU. THat's like 11 Years old or so.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

The Aerocool Inegrator is a scam.  It has an 80 PLUS Bronze logo, but there's no 80 PLUS report and the PSU is 230V only (which is a different logo).  I've tested one and it barely does 80 PLUS white efficiency.  The performance is horrendous as well.  Voltage regulation was poor and ripple was higher than I'd like to see.

Someone over at jonnyguru.com will post a review as soon as there's time.  I can't because obviously there's a conflict of interest there, but the hard data doesn't lie.

Thanks, will avoid that one.

23 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Xilence Performance A+, its a bit more than 30 Pound but also soo much better.

Yeah, 400W is OK, but if possible I'd get something way better if possible...

The HX650 is a bit old, that's the refresh of the Original Corsair PSU. THat's like 11 Years old or so.

Can’t find that xsilence model, but I’ve just looked and there is Corsair VS550 “grey unit” for £37 probably the best bet so far. Any other suggestions?

2 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

There was also HX650 Gold, rebranded Seasonic G, that's slightly newer. 

That was TX650 from 2011, sorry for mistake 

I've just found my old fortron 250W which will do just for 2400G with integrated graphics. I'm gonna look for better deals for future upgrade. Thanks.

Update: I ended up with EVGA GQ 750W - Tier 1 PSU, are you guys proud? :D