Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iphoneupdate

more BYOC tickets?

Posted Original PosterOP

I see that there are early bird pricing, maybe when there are no more early bird tickets, will more come up? would love to bring a modified cyber power 馃ぃ

Posted Original PosterOP

update : just saw the new update, nvm lol. hope to get the ticket. how do I protect my computer and will a monitor, mouse and keyboard be provided? might as well just bring my laptop and not bring it to the convention lol

2 hours ago, iphoneupdate said:

update : just saw the new update, nvm lol. hope to get the ticket. how do I protect my computer and will a monitor, mouse and keyboard be provided? might as well just bring my laptop and not bring it to the convention lol

All that is provided is a 2 plug power outlet and a network hookup, you need to provide Display, Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (no speakers), Power strip (assuming you want more than 2 outlets), network cable, mousepad, etc.

As has been mentioned here

and other places that I can't find RN if you must bring your computer take out 'loose' things like your GPU, CPU heatsink, and RAM, make sure everything else is secure (don't use tool less drive trays preferably take your HDDs in a carry on to reduce shocks from your box getting thrown around) and pack in plenty of bubble wrap. Depending on your system be ready to pay oversized/overweight fees with your airline. Remember most of the time airlines are in a HUGE rush to load/unload so they can be even more of a hazard than UPS. Also if your flight gets delayed your computer might not end up in Vancouver until DAYS after you land. That last point is not super likely, they are getting better with bag handling, but still it is something to keep in mind. Worse comes to worse you can have your airline send it back home for you or a friend to receive.

Your best bet is to just take your laptop if it is something capable of playing games.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

Posted Original PosterOP
54 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

All that is provided is a 2 plug power outlet and a network hookup, you need to provide Display, Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (no speakers), Power strip (assuming you want more than 2 outlets), network cable, mousepad, etc.

As has been mentioned here

and other places that I can't find RN if you must bring your computer take out 'loose' things like your GPU, CPU heatsink, and RAM, make sure everything else is secure (don't use tool less drive trays preferably take your HDDs in a carry on to reduce shocks from your box getting thrown around) and pack in plenty of bubble wrap. Depending on your system be ready to pay oversized/overweight fees with your airline. Remember most of the time airlines are in a HUGE rush to load/unload so they can be even more of a hazard than UPS. Also if your flight gets delayed your computer might not end up in Vancouver until DAYS after you land. That last point is not super likely, they are getting better with bag handling, but still it is something to keep in mind. Worse comes to worse you can have your airline send it back home for you or a friend to receive.

Your best bet is to just take your laptop if it is something capable of playing games.

yeah, I鈥檒l think about it, seems so risky. might as well bring my laptop I guess lol