more BYOC tickets?

iphoneupdate

I see that there are early bird pricing, maybe when there are no more early bird tickets, will more come up? would love to bring a modified cyber power ?

update : just saw the new update, nvm lol. hope to get the ticket. how do I protect my computer and will a monitor, mouse and keyboard be provided? might as well just bring my laptop and not bring it to the convention lol

2 hours ago, iphoneupdate said:

update : just saw the new update, nvm lol. hope to get the ticket. how do I protect my computer and will a monitor, mouse and keyboard be provided? might as well just bring my laptop and not bring it to the convention lol

All that is provided is a 2 plug power outlet and a network hookup, you need to provide Display, Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (no speakers), Power strip (assuming you want more than 2 outlets), network cable, mousepad, etc.

As has been mentioned here

and other places that I can't find RN if you must bring your computer take out 'loose' things like your GPU, CPU heatsink, and RAM, make sure everything else is secure (don't use tool less drive trays preferably take your HDDs in a carry on to reduce shocks from your box getting thrown around) and pack in plenty of bubble wrap. Depending on your system be ready to pay oversized/overweight fees with your airline. Remember most of the time airlines are in a HUGE rush to load/unload so they can be even more of a hazard than UPS. Also if your flight gets delayed your computer might not end up in Vancouver until DAYS after you land. That last point is not super likely, they are getting better with bag handling, but still it is something to keep in mind. Worse comes to worse you can have your airline send it back home for you or a friend to receive.

Your best bet is to just take your laptop if it is something capable of playing games.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

54 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

All that is provided is a 2 plug power outlet and a network hookup, you need to provide Display, Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (no speakers), Power strip (assuming you want more than 2 outlets), network cable, mousepad, etc.

As has been mentioned here

and other places that I can't find RN if you must bring your computer take out 'loose' things like your GPU, CPU heatsink, and RAM, make sure everything else is secure (don't use tool less drive trays preferably take your HDDs in a carry on to reduce shocks from your box getting thrown around) and pack in plenty of bubble wrap. Depending on your system be ready to pay oversized/overweight fees with your airline. Remember most of the time airlines are in a HUGE rush to load/unload so they can be even more of a hazard than UPS. Also if your flight gets delayed your computer might not end up in Vancouver until DAYS after you land. That last point is not super likely, they are getting better with bag handling, but still it is something to keep in mind. Worse comes to worse you can have your airline send it back home for you or a friend to receive.

Your best bet is to just take your laptop if it is something capable of playing games.

yeah, I’ll think about it, seems so risky. might as well bring my laptop I guess lol

• 3 weeks later...

So, it appears that some additional seats went up for sale and immediately sold out again.  My son has apparently been checking the ticket purchase page regularly and he saw less than 50 up for sale.  He managed to buy one so now my group of four are all ticketed and ready to go - we are just waiting for the seat reservations to open up.

I find it odd that there is no mention of this on the forums or update page?

On 3/29/2019 at 1:11 AM, brianschoenrock said:

So, it appears that some additional seats went up for sale and immediately sold out again.  My son has apparently been checking the ticket purchase page regularly and he saw less than 50 up for sale.  He managed to buy one so now my group of four are all ticketed and ready to go - we are just waiting for the seat reservations to open up.

I find it odd that there is no mention of this on the forums or update page?

They mentioned on the Wan Show that there would be additional seats for sale later on. I can't remember exactly but it was like 100 or 150.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

3 hours ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

They mentioned on the Wan Show that there would be additional seats for sale later on. I can't remember exactly but it was like 100 or 150.

I saw that, but they also said it would be in April I thought - unless someone goofed and did it early?  He got the ticket before the WAN show had even aired I believe. @CPotter?  Did someone release the tickets that were mentioned on the WAN show early?

18 hours ago, brianschoenrock said:

I saw that, but they also said it would be in April I thought - unless someone goofed and did it early?  He got the ticket before the WAN show had even aired I believe. @CPotter?  Did someone release the tickets that were mentioned on the WAN show early?

He said it would be announced first.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 3/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, brianschoenrock said:

If anyone refunds their ticket then that ticket gets added back to the pool, so that's probably why you'd see a ticket pop up prematurely. We'll make sure to update everyone once the next set of BYOC tickets are going to be available. Apr 20th - ish is when it looks like it's going to go down.

Stay tuned. :) 

On 4/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, CPotter said:

If anyone refunds their ticket then that ticket gets added back to the pool, so that's probably why you'd see a ticket pop up prematurely. We'll make sure to update everyone once the next set of BYOC tickets are going to be available. Apr 20th - ish is when it looks like it's going to go down.

Stay tuned. :) 

I was thinking that is was probably refunds.

linktr.ee/Elektra57