Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ethanbrecke

Would like a little help with getting my graphics card (GTX 960) to work.

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

So i was inspired by their second installment of the $69 gaming computer (Linked Here), and decided to get a Dell Optiplex and throw a EVGA GTX 960 in there. I bought a 500w evga power supply as well, and know the card powers up. The computer runs, and i can get both into the BIOS and into windows, but i cant get any output. Is there anything i can do to get the graphics to output through the HDMI output?

Edit: The graphics card is in the PCIe Slot 1, on the mother board for sure.

Edited by ethanbrecke
Adding Details
Posted · Original PosterOP

I think i found the issue. The clips for the ram slot are blocking the graphic card to go down and fit snugly in the slot, so it probably isnt making full contact with the PCIe slot. Ill probably need to get a 970 Low Profile.

Depending on the model of Optiplex you have, a full-length graphics card might not fit.

Sabre - i7-8086K - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 - 250GB Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0x4 - 1TB Inland Professional SSD - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - 4TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair RM650i - Fractal Design Meshify C White TG - Noctua NH-C14S

Senketsu - Ryzen 5 1600 - MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP - Gigabyte B450 AORUS M - 16GB "OEM Special" craptastic DDR4-2400 with a stunning green PCB - 500GB Dell M.2 NVMe SSD - Silverstone SF450 - ABS R206-ITX (worst/best case ever) - Wraith Spire

Banzai - i7-6700T - MSI RX 550 LP - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2400 - 240GB Crucial M500 - Seasonic 300W Server PSU - HP Slimline s3200n chassis - Rosewill RCX-775-LP

Harvey Dent - Pentium G3258 - MSI GTX 750 Ti LP - ASUS H81M-C - 16GB Patriot Viper DDR3-1600 - 480GB SanDisk Ultra II SSD (Windows 10) - Vaseky 64GB mSATA SSD (Windows XP) - Corsair SF600 - Athenatech A100BB - Arctic Alpine 11 Plus