Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MyName0602

Cheap 3D Printing Service

Posted · Original PosterOP

Does anyone know of a really cheap 3D printing service? They also have to be able to print something big, because this project is huge, otherwise I would print it myself on my printer. I just don't want to pay $500, which is what I got quoted by 3dHubs, for a cylinder 303mm by 457mm. ITS HOLLOW. Thanks!

My Ryzen PC

Hello, Dark themers.

37 minutes ago, MyName0602 said:

Does anyone know of a really cheap 3D printing service? They also have to be able to print something big, because this project is huge, otherwise I would print it myself on my printer. I just don't want to pay $500, which is what I got quoted by 3dHubs, for a cylinder 303mm by 457mm. ITS HOLLOW. Thanks!

If you already have a 3d printer, why not just supersize it?  It would definitely be cheaper than $500 to double the size of a Prusa i3 for example.  You already have the motors and controllers, that's the most expensive part.. You can build a frame twice the size for pretty cheap with extruded aluminum.

Main Rig:

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8ghz/1.3V 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: ASRock Killer SLI X370 

Ram: Team Vulcan 16gb DDR4 2400 

GPU: Dual XFX R9 390 8GB in Crossfire

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD: Samsung EVO 840 128gb 

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Optical: Lite-On DVD +/-RW 

Monitors: Dual Acer 24" 1080 

Keyboard: IOgear Mechlite

Mouse: Logitech Wireless

Linux PC:
Case: Zalman T1  CPU: AMD FX 6300  Cooler: Enermax 95mm tower cooler  MB: Gigabyte Motherboard  RAM: 16GB Gskill DDR3  GPU: R9 390  SSD: Transcend 64gb SSD  HDD: WD 2TB  OS: Debian 9 Custom with Synergy for KB/Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, zombienerd said:

If you already have a 3d printer, why not just supersize it?  It would definitely be cheaper than $500 to double the size of a Prusa i3 for example.  You already have the motors and controllers, that's the most expensive part.. You can build a frame twice the size for pretty cheap with extruded aluminum.

I don't think I could do that with mine. I have the monoprice select mini.

My Ryzen PC

Hello, Dark themers.