R9 290 @1440p

alexnt

Is a r9 290 capable for 1440p at ~40fps for games like ac origins(even with a slight oc)?

I want to buy a 32inch monitor with freesync.

So long as you're willing to mess with settings, the 290 can be a competent enough 1440p card.

Don't expect miracles, but I'm sure if you figure out what you'd like, you could get 1440p at 40-45fps out of AC Origins on your card.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If my rx 480 4g can play far cry 5 ultra ao 1440p so can that one. Will leave here the example.

cheers hope you like it

7 hours ago, ganja7 said:

Is a r9 290 capable for 1440p at ~40fps for games like ac origins(even with a slight oc)?

I want to buy a 32inch monitor with freesync.

I'm running an R9 290 with 1100Mhz on the core and 1275Mhz on the RAM and based on my experience you can still get 1440p running reasonably well, but you do need to drop the graphics settings a bit on most games if you want reasonable frame rates.  If you already have it, go for it if you're ok with potentially needing to dial back to medium-ish graphics settings and then aim for an upgrade later down the road.  If you're looking at picking one up used, probably better to save for a Vega 56 from AMD or a 1660Ti or 2060 from NVidia if you want to try the Freesync over Gsync (though YMMV, do research with your specific monitor first).