Tinder in 2019?

Astrea
2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Sure it does, many of us don't want to date belugas.

I don’t mind if you’re a little chunky, that’s your business, but if you are clearly doing nothing about it then that’s a problem.

1 minute ago, floofer said:

I don’t mind if you’re a little chunky, that’s your business, but if you are clearly doing nothing about it then that’s a problem.

I meant someone whose weight was practically 4 digits. The kind of weight that comes from delibrate neglect for one's health.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I meant someone whose weight was practically 4 digits. The kind of weight that comes from delibrate neglect for one's health.

Yeah that’s what I mean as well. Probably a bit less than that really. Oh no that reminds me of those gross plus-size models ugh. ? like those ones that actually want to eat more.

On 3/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Drak3 said:

I'm a 5'11" identifying as 6'3"

Modern times require modern solutions.

I'm stealing this.  Though if I'm Speedwagon can I identify has Joseph Joestar?

On 3/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, Astrea said:

Does it still work in these days? Also please dont tell me something like “go out and talk to girls in real life”. 

I personally have found it more attractive when a guy talks to me directly.

1 hour ago, Emillia said:

I personally have found it more attractive when a guy talks to me directly.

Yeah but you need to be attractive to begin with to do this. ?

Average guy is going to come out as a creep. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Yeah but you need to be attractive to begin with to do this. ?

Average guy is going to come out as a creep. 

Confidence is the main thing females tend to be attracted too, also if you throw some humor in, that usually doesn't go wrong.

The reason people tell you to do real life instead is because dating sites are awful.

Some crazy stats that came out, women are only going for the top 20-30% of men on those things.  A majority of men are at a severe disadvantage, and you're not going to have much success at all.

So instead, consider the advantages you have of doing it IRL instead.. the big one being: She already met you in person.  You already had a brief conversation.  You already got her number.  You're light-years ahead of all the others sitting around waiting for a reply.  You're already in prime position to be asking her out.  She's more likely to be more interested in YOU over text on a screen.  You had the balls to ask in person, not through a computer.

In the end, you're an idiot if you're a man and you even consider using a dating site, knowing what we now know about them.

28 minutes ago, MographMark said:

The reason people tell you to do real life instead is because dating sites are awful.

Some crazy stats that came out, women are only going for the top 20-30% of men on those things.  A majority of men are at a severe disadvantage, and you're not going to have much success at all.

So instead, consider the advantages you have of doing it IRL instead.. the big one being: She already met you in person.  You already had a brief conversation.  You already got her number.  You're light-years ahead of all the others sitting around waiting for a reply.  You're already in prime position to be asking her out.  She's more likely to be more interested in YOU over text on a screen.  You had the balls to ask in person, not through a computer.

In the end, you're an idiot if you're a man and you even consider using a dating site, knowing what we now know about them.

Not only that you are a thot if you are a female using them xD cause guys typically only are looking to have sex with you if you are female xD not looking to starts a relationship

I have no idea what Tinder is like in America, but in Eastern Europe meeting a girl via Tinder is no different than meeting them in a club or something. They all want commitment and trying to organize a meet-up before chatting with them for a period of time (at least a few days, from my experience) isn't really something they do.

I casually dated 3 girls this way. One girl (not one of those 3) wanted a same-day hookup, but it was probably someone trolling me and ofc she didn't show up to the meet-up (I'd even made other plans for the same evening because I was 99% positive she wouldn't show up).

A friend of mine has used Tinder for many more years than I did and has casually dated at least a dozen girls from there. Only once did he have a girl who wanted to only hook up, all others wanted dates and basically tried to get him into a relationship.

So, yeah, this whole "Tinder chicks just want to hook up" thing is something I don't really believe in. I guess it could be possible for the really good looking guys who are being targeted for that specific thing by the small group of girls who are just into hooking up, but for the majority of people I don't think that's the case. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

As for this whole thing about "talk to them in real life". Yeah, where? Walk up to them on the street like Pick-up Artists do? Start talking to them in a grocery store line? It may work for some people, but let's be real here, it's hella awkward and most people aren't in the mood to take such opportunities.

If you meant clubs, bars, and stuff, that's fine, but those places are loud (making conversation difficult) and tend to attract a certain group of people that may or may not mesh well with your personality. 

The truth is, online dating enables you to meet people you'd never run into otherwise, and you can do this from anywhere, at any time of the day. Of the 3 girls I dated from Tinder, I never would've met any of them IRL otherwise.

Also, Tinder is a looks-based app. So if you're ugly, then you may be better off using OKCupid because you get to showcase your personality more there. Play to your strengths. If you're average-looking or kinda attractive, up your photo game. Get a tripod, dress well, and take a bunch of pictures of yourself that look like someone else has photographed you. 

I have a beer belly, big boobs for a guy, a big head, and relatively narrow shoulders. But you can bet your ass none of those are visible on my tinder photos. Decent lighting, clothes that fit you well, some filters, and a cute dog/cat instantly make you a lot more attractive. 

EDIT: Oh and, if you're balding or your hair has thinned out, just shave your head and miss me with that Dr Phil style. A guy who's balding is just that, a baldie, while a guy with a shaven head implies a certain risque personality. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

As for this whole thing about "talk to them in real life". Yeah, where? Walk up to them on the street like Pick-up Artists do? Start talking to them in a grocery store line? It may work for some people, but let's be real here, it's hella awkward and most people aren't in the mood to take such opportunities.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think people have been doing it pre-Internet? 

16 minutes ago, MographMark said:

I think he forgot about bars, parties and other events, but he does have a point in that the notion of simply walking up to a prospective partner and chatting them up isn't necessarily wise or fun depending on the context.

And he also has a point about meeting people you wouldn't meet otherwise through dating apps.  My girlfriend is an immigrant from South Africa who'd barely been in the country for half a year when we first met, and she lived at the opposite end of the city.  We likely wouldn't have ever seen each other if it weren't for an app!

4 hours ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

For the love of god dont ever do that. This pickup artist stuff is bullshit. Theres no buttons to push in the right order to get somone interested in you.

Thankfully I don't believe Giganthrax was seriously suggesting it.  I think we can agree that pick-up artists are basically thinly-veiled misogynists who believe women are nothing more than puzzles to solve.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Thankfully I don't believe Giganthrax was seriously suggesting it.

Of course I wasn't seriously suggesting it. I was just making fun of the entire "talk to them in real life thing", as if anyone could just make the choice to go out of their house and *voila* be readily able to talk to strangers.

I guess what they really meant to say with that is "meet friends of friends/colleagues" or "meet people at hobby activities such as gym/dancing classes/yoga/whatever". The first option may not work because your colleagues/friends simply may not have anybody to introduce you to (or you may not like the people they introduce you to), and the 2nd option doesn't really work if you're a computer nerd like most of us on this forum are. Let's be real, we prefer sitting home playing & video games to taking Salsa classes. :D 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

16 hours ago, MographMark said:

Well throughout history women were generally the property of their fathers/eldest brothers, so many of the marriages were arranged between families. That, or it was for the security. The entire notion of a "marriage out of love" or "going out to meet people" is a very recent invention that, sadly, goes hand in hand with the massive rise in divorce rates. 

I personally met only a fraction of the women I've been with through the internet (starting with Myspace, heh), with most of them coming from friends of friends/family, work, and clubs (I'm something of a party beast and probably an alcoholic by American standards). The internet is still uniquely beneficial in this regard because, again, you can meet people at any time of the week, from anywhere, that you'd never run into anywhere else. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

On 3/31/2019 at 4:29 PM, MographMark said:

I gotta say, this is a false premise.

You're assuming that (somehow.. magically, I guess), they already got the number. That means they already talked to the girl - where? Who knows.

Once you're done school (High School or College/Uni), it becomes significantly harder to meet new love interests (men, women, whatever). When you're in school, you're surrounded by dozens or hundreds (or thousands, depending on the school) of eligible people of the correct age and that are also single.

In addition to that, you're also constantly in social situations, either through the nature of school (break time, lunches, school bus, etc), or through actual events (dances, parties, etc).

After school, a lot of people lose access to those kinds of social events. Yes, if you happen to go to some vaguely social event on a regular basis (gym, yoga, book club, etc), there's potential there to meet a love interest. But not everyone has these events at their disposal (or enjoys them).

And even in those situations, it's incredibly easy for the love interest to simply be creeped out or put off by your advances.

On 3/31/2019 at 4:29 PM, MographMark said:

I'm a man. I met my fiancee on a dating site. I'm not an idiot.

My entire point to this, is that dating sites definitely have value. And lots of people have been successful on them. Meeting people in person is fantastic, and yes, once you get that number, it is easier. But getting that number is not easy to begin with.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)