Tinder in 2019?

Astrea
15 hours ago, floofer said:

The old classic though ‘here for a good time not a long time’

Here for the right time. Not the wrong time. 

Seriously, I lost my watch. 

On 3/9/2019 at 1:09 PM, fasauceome said:

Bumble slightly improves on the formula by having females message first and matches expire if they don't, so that women aren't in such a dominant position as to have a catalog of men to browse, but the underlying mentality still sucks.

Fewer women that list a minimum height, namely 6'2?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Raskolnikov said:

I'm a 5'11" identifying as 6'3"

Modern times require modern solutions.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I am legit 6'1" And i cannot stand women with preferences that are superficial.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

1 hour ago, BetterThanLife said:

I am legit 6'1" And i cannot stand women with preferences that are superficial.

Especially when the average height is around 5'8, 5'9. 

On 3/10/2019 at 10:52 PM, fpo said:

Here for the right time. Not the wrong time. 

Seriously, I lost my watch. 

LOL add this on your TInder profile and it would be a hit 

On 3/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, Raskolnikov said:

I like traveling, watching movies, working out, wine and good food.

Is that not the same taste as a cougar? I was at an RSC conference a little while back, plenty of people there that would have tickled your fancy, but also can't use their phones well enough to download tinder.

Once on tinder you could get a good date, but I feel like that was years ago and now the best way to find women is the real world.

7 minutes ago, Mug said:

Is that not the same taste as a cougar? I was at an RSC conference a little while back, plenty of people there that would have tickled your fancy, but also can't use their phones well enough to download tinder.

Once on tinder you could get a good date, but I feel like that was years ago and now the best way to find women is the real world.

I was referring to the womens' unoriginal profiles on there, not my tastes necessarily.

Don't know what other men are writing, should create a fake profile. Are video games and technology still a big no-no?

On 3/14/2019 at 1:34 AM, Raskolnikov said:

I was referring to the womens' unoriginal profiles on there, not my tastes necessarily.

Don't know what other men are writing, should create a fake profile. Are video games and technology still a big no-no?

Always have been and always will be... Unless you find someone that likes that of course.

Give it a thought from a woman's perspective: what attracts you to a man? Good social skills, takes you out on dates, lots of friends. If you're putting tech and video games in your profile it's likely a big enough part of your life to dissuade most women. Put your best stuff in your profile, what about you makes you actually different rather than a general interest in tech.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, Astrea said:

Does it still work in these days? Also please dont tell me something like “go out and talk to girls in real life”. 

On 3/9/2019 at 8:25 AM, BuckGup said:

go out and talk to girls in real life

No but really, go outside and talk to grills, not because Tinder won't work, but because it's way healthier for body, mind, and spirit.

TRIGGER WARNING: the below videos can be extremely depressing for some people, as they reveal how unsocial our online world actually is.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

It depends on what you mean by "work". I met my current SO on Tinder 9 months (and 2 days) ago so clearly it works for some people.

But I had to go on quite a few terrible dates and meet a bunch of people not suitable for long-term relationships (no jobs, mental problems, terrible attitudes, etc) before I met my darling.

But how well it works depends on what gender you are, and what you are looking for.

I'm going to assume that you're a guy like most of the people here. The sad reality is that most girls has a quite warped perspective on what the average male looks like, and will consider around 80% of men to be "less than average looking" (based on OKCupid statistics). Since nobody wants to settle for below average, you realistically need to be in the top 20% of best looking guys on Tinder to get a decent amount of matches. This is further confirmed by the statistic that while men swipe right 47% of the time, women only swipes right 15% of the time (based on Tinder statistics).

On the other side of the coin, any mildly attractive girl on Tinder will be flooded by matches and messages. This might sound fun at first, but as the Stanford University study entitled "When Choice is Demotivating: Can One Desire Too Much of a Good Thing" can show us, if you give a person an overwhelming amount of options they are more likely to not pick any option. This has then further been proved in other studies such as this from the Journal of Consumer Psychology.

The TL;DR of these studies is that customers who gets a lot of options are less likely to buy anything, and even when they do they report a lower satisfaction.

I believe the same can be applied to the world of dating, for women at least.

Plus, having like 20 guys messaging you, constantly demanding attention is kind of scary and off-putting too (but guys do this because they have to push so hard).

Basically, sites like Tinder incentivizes guys to be really pushy and aim for ridiculously high standards (as in, they need to look their absolute best to get any attention from women), and incentivizes girls to be picky while at the same time offering them a smorgasbord of choices to a paralyzing degree.

But sometimes the stars align and the system works, despite being quite terrible.

But all of this gets thrown out the window if you are very attractive, or if you are just looking for a one-night stand as a female.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, Raskolnikov said:

Ah yes, that's easy to solve though.

zR8Mka6.thumb.png.c7ff42f52c3716c5efff159dc4ba267d.png

I heard the biggest yarn the other day. Girls tend to read the Bio idk why. Like when I’m on tinder it’s just swipe left or right you know

I mean if you want to know what it feels like to "throw your hotdog down a hallway" then by all means use Tinder xD

On 3/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, TempestCatto said:

Allow me to teach you about the Lego epidemic (as I so call it). Where you're in search of a specific Lego, you search and search scraping them side to side, digging and even dumping out the bin. No matter what, you just can't seem to find that one piece you really need. You give up and just pick something else up to use. A bit later on, when picking up another random piece, you just so happen to pick up the one Lego you were searching for originally. That is what I like to call the "Lego epidemic". (I'm sucha weird ass). In other words don't look for love, because it hides when you seek it.  

Wow, this makes total sense and relatable to me. As a 54 year old techie, finding women with my interests has been difficult after moving away from the academic world. Don't give up hope guys and girls. Even if you are using that "substitute" Lego, perhaps that Lego would appreciate the company. I may have found my Lego but there is a waiting game involved. Hah, some things never change from teenage years.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 2:33 PM, floofer said:

I heard the biggest yarn the other day. Girls tend to read the Bio idk why. Like when I’m on tinder it’s just swipe left or right you know

Bio is necessary when the girl is like a 7/10. 

Also I assume that more women are looking for something serious. 

12 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Bio is necessary when the girl is like a 7/10. 

Also I assume that more women are looking for something serious. 

18 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

I have a blank bio. Imo its better to say nothing than to say something bad. 

Like of course I have a Bio, but I wouldn’t read too much into it. Most bios are just jokes or out of date. I do include my height though.

Remember tinder is really just a game of tap or gap with extra steps.

2 minutes ago, floofer said:

Like of course I have a Bio, but I wouldn’t read too much into it. Most bios are just jokes or out of date. I do include my height though.

Yeah I do too, to avoid the 6'2 minimum height queens. 

10 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Id only really include height if youre tall. like like 6'3-6'4 tbh

That's super tall. 5'11 is tall in NA.

27 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Yeah I do too, to avoid the 6'2 minimum height queens. 

Just ask how much they weigh if they ask your height. 

22 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Id only really include height if youre tall. like like 6'3-6'4 tbh

Idk I’m around 6’1, so about average height. I get swiped more so there you go.

22 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

That dosent really work cus weight isnt determined by genetics and can easily be changed. Im also 6'1, its certinaly above average but its nothing noteworthy

It is determined by genetics ? for most people. 

23 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

That dosent really work cus weight isnt determined by genetics and can easily be changed. Im also 6'1, its certinaly above average but its nothing noteworthy

Sure it does, many of us don't want to date belugas.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.