Buying an International Galaxy S10 Prism Green (Questions)

Hi there everyone! I've been a long time follower of LTT and all it's various affiliated groups and channels. I've listened to the Wan show a bunch and figured here might be a good place to ask some questions about tech. :)

I've been following the release of the Galaxy S10 more closely than just about any other piece of tech, and am eager to make the upgrade from my Galaxy S8, which unfortunately has seen some severe screen burn-in. I've narrowed down the different devices and have decided that the standard S10 has the best price and features for what I'm looking for. I'm planning on waiting for the price to drop a tad bit, and for my contract with my S8 to end in the beginning of May, 2019. I am currently with Verizon.

I'm a sucker for the color green. I've always purchased black or silver phones because most of the other available color options don't really appeal to me, but this year I am in love with the prism green model, but wouldn't you know it, it's not getting released in the United States. I was sorely disappointed, until I noticed that the international version of the prism green phone is available on Amazon, and a good bit cheaper than the US version, no less. 

I've done some research on GSM, CDMA, and all the details of buying an unlocked international phone, and I can't seem to make heads or tails of whether or not this phone will actually work with Verizon. I've looked at forums where a lot of people say it will work, but might not work in certain areas. I've contacted Samsung twice. One representative said it would work, one said it wouldn't. Verizon said they would need to check the IMEI, but expects that it would work. I'm still not really sure who to believe. There is also the question of whether or not I would receive a warranty. I do tend to take good care of my phone, so I'm not super worried about it breaking, but I have had Samsung replace my AKG earbuds that are included twice already with my S8, because they tend not to hold up for more than a few months. I'd hate to see my new ones break and not be able to get them replaced/fixed.

All in all, is it worth it to get the better deal on the international phone, and to get it in green? Or should I play it safe and get the black version from Verizon? Would appreciate any insight on this, or any opinions related to the idea in general. Much appreciated!

For reference, this is the model I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZVRK97?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=4R0B89GFSFGPGF07GZTR

why not fix your old one instead??? just replace the screen.

replaceing the screen is kinda expensive (usd300) , time consuming, and hard. but i think that it is worth the $500 saving. (if you have the tools already)

2 hours ago, Saksham said:

replaceing the screen is kinda expensive (usd300) , time consuming, and hard. but i think that it is worth the $500 saving. (if you have the tools already)

As much fun as I think it would be, I have somebody willing to purchase the phone from me that doesn't really care about burn in. Plus I am really wanting to upgrade. 

just buy it. if it doesnt work, or you dont get warranty, just return it.