Why is my Send way lower than my Receive rates on Task Manager

KlutchPhreek

My send rate is in the low Kbps when my receive is about 10 Mbps??? Could be as simple as a i have a real cheap Motherboard? Or am i missing a setting that could fix this. I built a budget Computer kind of like scrapyard wars. Well exactly like scrapyard wars just less professional. I am wired, when playing ps4 i get that 10 Mbps. On my phone i get even faster wifi. I basically just wanna make sure i am not an idiot.

At the point of writing this i was downloading something and these were my speeds.

Ethernet

Receive    9.9 Mbps
    Send    240 Kbps

Even when i am downloading something? its taking forever to download because the send rate is so low. This type of download would take maybe 20ish mins on my ps4 or phone, and its been a over an hour. 11 GB game. Not on steam.  

1 minute ago, KlutchPhreek said:

Even when i am downloading something? its taking forever to download because the send rate is so low. This type of download would take maybe 20ish mins on my ps4 or phone, and its been a over an hour. 11 GB game. Not on steam.  

thee wifi/onboard lan is probably *really* old so it cant handle the faster speeds. does it support wifi AC mode?

2 minutes ago, KlutchPhreek said:

The send rate has little to do with the download speeds or how Steam handles downloads. To the best of my knowledge, Steam compresses its downloaded files and then decompresses them before they're ready to use, so if you have a slower PC, it'll take longer for that download to become playable.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I only know the basics to computers, to that statement all i can tell you is the mobo doesn't have wifi capabilities.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

The send rate has little to do with the download speeds or how Steam handles downloads. To the best of my knowledge, Steam compresses its downloaded files and then decompresses them before they're ready to use, so if you have a slower PC, it'll take longer for that download to become playable.

this may or may not help. Just remeber its a Budget build i played around 200 for everything. Got some stuff for free (cpu, case, ram)

r9 200 series GPU 

i3 2120 3.3 Ghz (super old i know)

6gb of ram (I know its a odd amount)

MOBO is trash and i knew that when purchasing it i couldnt even tell you the brand.

I figure its the MOBO causing this issue i just want to make sure if it is not i can fix it.

Just now, KlutchPhreek said:

this may or may not help. Just remeber its a Budget build i played around 200 for everything. Got some stuff for free (cpu, case, ram)

r9 200 series GPU 

i3 2120 3.3 Ghz (super old i know)

6gb of ram (I know its a odd amount)

MOBO is trash and i knew that when purchasing it i couldnt even tell you the brand.

I figure its the MOBO causing this issue i just want to make sure if it is not i can fix it.

Does Steam tell you that stuff is downloading in MB/s or Mbps?

If it does, just let me know what speed it's showing. I'm just thinking that Steam is just taking its sweet time to decompress data.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

If it does, just let me know what speed it's showing. I'm just thinking that Steam is just taking its sweet time to decompress data.

It is not on steam it is on Epics launcher but i think it runs slow on basically anything.

13 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGCB8GH2038&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-until-you-_-Accessories+-+Motherboards-_-9SIAGCB8GH2038&gclid=CjwKCAiAwojkBRBbEiwAeRcJZEV2ePeFmkBED28T1MhqJo8R8rl2x9JnQufrh52uCVXm9k3xdb1lURoCdmgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

this is my mobo