Looking for tips on how to set my Asus AC3100

BrandonGoods

We bought this router to provide a stronger wireless signal in our home. We have 10 devices that could possibly connect to our router at one time the old Asus RT-N600 just couldn't handle the load. 4 of the devices were connected by ethernet cable a PC, PS4, XBox, and PS3. Anyway I have no idea how to set anything beyond the  really basic. We could have 4 phones streaming video or on social media while two consoles are being played at a given time. Our speed isn't very high to begin with at (speedtest from iphone 8.) 24.1 Mbps down and 96.2 Mbps up.

I notice that the wireless signal can be very slow/weak at times on my phone and I was wondering if there is a way to ensure the consoles have adequate connection for online gaming. We live in a rural area with no other wireless connections close enough to interfere. Other than the relay tower we are hardwired into, I hope that explains the oddly fast upload speed. Could some of the devices be connected to the 5ghz band causing my phone connected to the 2.4 ghz band to slow down? Our NAT for gaming is always type 2/miderate (double nat on xbox) no matter what I do with upnp, dmz, port forward, etc. Only thing I can figure is that our hardwire into the realy tower passes through a switch and that can be causing our nat issues.

A side note. Our ISP competes with two other companies in the area. They all provide internet service using radio towers. We notice the whole area's network drops can happen multiple times a day and if we contact our isp about it, there won't be any connection drops for a week or two and the drops start to happen again. What could be causing the drops in connection? I'm not trying to undermine our ISP, but it is pretty frustrating to have this happen during what little time we have off from work. They are local-ish companies, not on a national scale. Is there anything to be suggested to them? Our family has close connections with our provider, so maybe any idea can help.

I guess I shared enough. Lol Hopefully someone can help me with this craziness.