Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GabeThePCHelper

3D-Printer on a budget

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking at getting a 3D printer, to just experience it and get into printing and modeling.

 

The cheapest one I've seen is the MP Mini Delta 3D, which is 159.99$, any thoughts on what I should get?



If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I'm looking at getting a 3D printer, to just experience it and get into printing and modeling.

 

The cheapest one I've seen is the MP Mini Delta 3D, which is 159.99$, any thoughts on what I should get?

I have a monprice mini select, its a working 3d printer out of the box. The quality of the prints could be better, and the heated bed is prone to shoring out. The wifi connectivity is also kinda crappy, but I really like it. Starting out, get what you can afford. I also recommend the 'hatchbox pla' it prints really well for being so cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, CodeNova said:

I have a monprice mini select, its a working 3d printer out of the box. The quality of the prints could be better, and the heated bed is prone to shoring out. The wifi connectivity is also kinda crappy, but I really like it. Starting out, get what you can afford. I also recommend the 'hatchbox pla' it prints really well for being so cheap.

Alright, thanks man! I like the form factor of the MP Mini Delta 3D, and it's price point for beginners.

 

I'll take the filament into consideration.

 



If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I'm looking at getting a 3D printer, to just experience it and get into printing and modeling.

 

The cheapest one I've seen is the MP Mini Delta 3D, which is 159.99$, any thoughts on what I should get?

Might be worth checking out the Creality Ender 3, im not sure how much it is where you are from, but I paid roughly $300CAD for mine off of Amazon. 


Athlon X4 860K + Power Color R9 270 2GB + 8GB DDR3 1886MHz(Kingston HyperX + PNY XLR8)

SteelSeries Apex M500 + Logitech G402 + Philips SHP9500

Corsair Air 240 + Xigmatek Tauro 600W M + DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2.0

Seagate 500gb HDD + Kingston UV400 120gb SSD

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're looking for a 3D printer kit, you might want to consider the Anet A8. Otherwise, I would go with a pre-built beginner level printer like the MP.


My rig is so crappy it's irrelevant to put here. Though my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ from like 2006 has a higher clock speed(2.6GHz) and the same core count than my Intel Celeron-2955U 1.4GHz right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gegger said:

If you're looking for a 3D printer kit, you might want to consider the Anet A8. Otherwise, I would go with a pre-built beginner level printer like the MP.

OP should read up on (strongly) recommended fixes/upgrades so that it doesn't burn their house down though if they get that one.


Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tikker said:

OP should read up on (strongly) recommended fixes/upgrades so that it doesn't burn their house down though if they get that one.

I totally agree. The first things I would print would be upgrades.


My rig is so crappy it's irrelevant to put here. Though my AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ from like 2006 has a higher clock speed(2.6GHz) and the same core count than my Intel Celeron-2955U 1.4GHz right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend the Ender 3. Buy the Capricorn tubing replacement and the new bowden fittings right off the bat, though. I also like the glass bed that Creality3D offers, especially for printing in PETG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanhao I3 plus is cheap and my schools best printers, better than the Dremel and Flashforge ones in print quality and a lot cheaper at only about €200 or so iirc


I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×