Any good earbuds for gaming/music that hook over the top of my ears?

PackYourBaggins

So I'm not really a fan of headphones, even though that's where the best sound is. Most just aren't comfortable on the ears, so I'm using earbuds now, but I definitely need new ones, and if possible, ones with great sound that also can hook over the top of my ears as opposed to the ones that you just stick inside your ears. I can never get those to stay in. Are there any good-sounding earbuds out there like this? Money isn't an issue. I'm willing to pay up some good money for good quality earbuds!

Jaybird X3's do this, and come with a bunch of different sized ear tips and hooks

Not sure if theres a newer version of them, but I use these so I can vouch 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

11 hours ago, Slottr said:

Jaybird X3's do this, and come with a bunch of different sized ear tips and hooks

Not sure if theres a newer version of them, but I use these so I can vouch 

I looked these up and these appear to be bluetooth. Can these connect to my PC physically? I'd prefer to plug them directly in.

1 hour ago, RelentlessN7 said:

I looked these up and these appear to be bluetooth. Can these connect to my PC physically? I'd prefer to plug them directly in.

No they're wireless in ears.

You'll want to look at sport ear buds 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Mee Audio M6 Pro or the higher end version. Full kit of earbuds sizes and a cable with a mix, with a case. Super cheap too. If you can afford higher end I'd do it though 

That's an F in the profile pic

On 3/8/2019 at 2:00 AM, RelentlessN7 said:

So I'm not really a fan of headphones, even though that's where the best sound is. Most just aren't comfortable on the ears, so I'm using earbuds now, but I definitely need new ones, and if possible, ones with great sound that also can hook over the top of my ears as opposed to the ones that you just stick inside your ears. I can never get those to stay in. Are there any good-sounding earbuds out there like this? Money isn't an issue. I'm willing to pay up some good money for good quality earbuds!

Audeze iSine 10 and 20's come to mind. are in ear's that come with multiple hooks that go over your ear, also two sized of hooks that sit kind of in your ear to hold them in place. image.png.8ee2517e2eeccfad317b3f47bde35787.png

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

I use pair  of t3 sound great for music but never tried them for gaming but for item they have a pretty nwide sound stage and is pretty cheap

Technically not earbuds, but have you looked into clip-on headphones like the KSC75?

On 3/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, RelentlessN7 said:

4 driver earphones with a flat/balanced/neutral sound signature (according to online reviews): https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b400-quad-balanced-armature-earphones

On 3/18/2019 at 11:20 PM, zrmaxwell said:

4 driver earphones with a flat/balanced/neutral sound signature (according to online reviews): https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b400-quad-balanced-armature-earphones

So if it's 4 driver, does that mean it's better than the MEE Audio M7 PROs? I believe those are dual drivers. I don't know anything about audio so I'm a little lost. More drivers = better overall sound??

59 minutes ago, RelentlessN7 said:

So if it's 4 driver, does that mean it's better than the MEE Audio M7 PROs? I believe those are dual drivers. I don't know anything about audio so I'm a little lost. More drivers = better overall sound??

Not necessarily, it all depends on how the company tunes the drivers. In the case of the brainwavz b400 earphones that i linked, it has a neutral sound signature (according to online reviews) which basically means it has no emphasis on the bass frequencies, vocals, or the high hats/treble area. I do not know if it is necessarily better than the M7 pro from MEE Audio, but i would assume that it is very different. Try it out if you can & return it if it is not to your liking.. that is what i would do..