2nd Build "Luminous"

Jclarkyall

Hey guys,

First post and glad to be a part of the Linus Tech Tips Forum. I will be assembling my 2nd build this weekend as my final parts should arrive on Thursday. I have been using a i7 870 with a GTX 460 with 8gb of 1333 ram for a while now and it's finally time to put that away. Very excited. It will be used for mostly gaming but also some Photoshop and light video editing. Here's the specs:

Case - CM Storm Stryker - $142.48

Mobo - Asus Sabertooth z77 - $239.99

Proc - Intel core i7 3770k - $329.99

GPU - Evga gtx 670 4gb FTW - $439.99

Ram - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 4x4 1866 - $179.99

PSU - Corsair AX750 - $159.99

SSD - Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB - $101.99

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i - $114.99

Fans - 2 - SP120 Quiet Edition(Replacement for stock H100i fans) - $27.99

Total cost came out to $1737.40 (I paid no shipping costs)

I know this isn't the best "value" PC but it should look fantastic with all the premium components in it. Also I have a few HDD laying around for storage. I will likely move to a custom loop in the future but haven't done a loop yet so going to study up a bit before I jump into that. I also plan to add a 2nd GTX 670 4GB FTW soon and 3 Achevia Shimian monitors as well.

I am looking for recommendations on a quality sound card, something $100 or less.

Also recommendations on good case lighting, I was thinking Modelers Brand LED Tape, does anyone here have experience with that product? Does anyone recommend a LED bar? I will be looking for white LED's.

I will post some pics this week as things arrive and as I start building. Fun fact: I have been been able to finance this entire build just selling old electronics and other items I had laying around the house on Ebay, so its a nice "bonus" for 2013. Took about 40 days of auctioning stuff.

Thanks for reading about my build and hope someone can recommend a sound card and some good lighting for Luminous, I want it to shine!

What will you use the sound card for, headphones or speakers?

Also, Bitfenix Alchemy LED strips are the best.

pnBIF.gif?1

I will use headphones, thinking ATH-AD500 most likely. Thanks for the recommendation for Bitfenix, they seem to be the most expensive of all the LED strips out there so I hope the would be the best. I will have to do more research into them.