What do you do....

UrbanFreestyle

Hi crew, i know that forums can be the WORST place to ask for advice / feedback on mental health issues due to trolls etc. But i'm just curious to see if anyone else struggles with themselves?

Sometimes i have some really dark thoughts. These can come at any time. I have been driving my car and thought "i wonder what would happen if i just drove off the road right now" thoughts of suicide while sat at my desk. getting very angry and feeling like freaking out but all the time i hold it back, I used to self harm and have relapses recently. hearing voices isn't uncommon. I haven't acted on any of these thoughts and always just carried on as normal hiding my thoughts / feelings from people as i don't really have anyone to talk to that i trust that much. 

I spoke to my doc about it and got put on fluoxetine low dose and by the 5th or 6th week i had tripled my own dose but still wasn't feeling any different. 

What would you do? do you have issues that you cant talk to anyone about? how do you carry on?

BTW don't worry i don't need reporting to suicide prevention etc. I'm ok, i promise.

You should talk to your doctor. Nobody here is a health professional.

Increasing your dose without the consent of your doctor is also asking for trouble. If you find your medication isnt working then you should tell your doctor and they can switch you off into something that may actually work. 

You really need to tell your doctor everything. How you feel when on your medication, if its working or making it worse. If you dont let them know, they cant really adjust things and help you find something that works for you.

There's only 1 major troll at this forum and hopefully he won't read this kind of topics, never seen him in offtopic, for now. The rest are a harmless minority so I wouldn't worry.

Not a big fan of pills since a friend ended up killing himself due to them (overdose) and since he started taking them his state was deteriorating both mentally and physically (hands shaking, unable to walk straight, etc) the doctor warned him about these side effects and that ended up being worse than his anxiety disorder.

I was feeling depressed in high school but never went to a doctor or took pills since I knew what could happen to me if I did and after a few months the feeling just vanished. Drugs like that are highly addictive so I can only tell you to stop increasing your dose, it's like with any drug, your body will develop dependency of it and that's bad. Avoid mixing it with other pills, alcohol or MJ since it'll only get worse. Good luck

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

49 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Hi crew, i know that forums can be the WORST place to ask for advice / feedback on mental health issues due to trolls etc. But i'm just curious to see if anyone else struggles with themselves?

Sometimes i have some really dark thoughts. These can come at any time. I have been driving my car and thought "i wonder what would happen if i just drove off the road right now" thoughts of suicide while sat at my desk. getting very angry and feeling like freaking out but all the time i hold it back, I used to self harm and have relapses recently. hearing voices isn't uncommon. I haven't acted on any of these thoughts and always just carried on as normal hiding my thoughts / feelings from people as i don't really have anyone to talk to that i trust that much. 

I spoke to my doc about it and got put on fluoxetine low dose and by the 5th or 6th week i had tripled my own dose but still wasn't feeling any different. 

What would you do? do you have issues that you cant talk to anyone about? how do you carry on?

BTW don't worry i don't need reporting to suicide prevention etc. I'm ok, i promise.

I'll PM you.

7 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

There's only 1 major troll at this forum and hopefully he won't read this kind of topics, never seen him in offtopic, for now. The rest are a harmless minority so I wouldn't worry.

Not a big fan of pills since a friend ended up killing himself due to them (overdose) and since he started taking them his state was deteriorating both mentally and physically (hands shaking, unable to walk straight, etc) the doctor warned him about these side effects and that ended up being worse than his anxiety disorder.

I was feeling depressed in high school but never went to a doctor or took pills since I knew what could happen to me if I did and after a few months the feeling just vanished. Drugs like that are highly addictive so I can only tell you to stop increasing your dose, it's like with any drug, your body will develop dependency of it and that's bad. Avoid mixing it with other pills, alcohol or MJ since it'll only get worse. Good luck

I'm sorry for your loss, not all anti depressants are addictive, I go on and off mine depending on if i'm coping or not. There are different types that affect people differently.

Thanks, sorry to hear about your friend. I gave up on the pills as they didn't seem to be doing anything. I have been going for about 2 years now without anything. I don't like the wording depression as it seems like everyone is 'depressed' and it gets thrown around a lot. I have done counseling and that sucked and made things worse. 

One thing that seems to have been helping a bit has been meditation.

Those dark thoughts you have is an ok thing to have, I don't think you're ill. Doctors aren't trained for human interaction as well as we think.

Considering you feel that uneasy, I'd suggest you see a psychologist. A good therapy is superior to sole medication.
Maybe you could even visit a psychiatrist at the same time and combine medication with therapy in a way that progressively takes you off the pills.

That way, you can obtain durable results with very little risk of relapse.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

1 hour ago, Mutoh said:

Nobody here is a health professional.

1 more year for you to be wrong :D

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

28 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

1 more year for you to be wrong :D

Sure, but then you should know as well as anybody that you really wouldn't be able to viably treat him over the web considering he wouldn't be your patient, you wouldn't have access to his records and pretty much just have to go on hearsay for a diagnosis which isn't ideal. Of course there are doctors or people looking at getting into the field here but the point being moreso that just being a doctor doesn't mean you're his doctor! 

Good luck though and early congratulations! :)

2 hours ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

Honestly the best advice is to keep talking with your doctor. Let them know that you're not feeling any different and then they can make the choice to up your dose or change you to something different. Don't just make that choice on your own as brain chemistry isn't something you want to just go all wild west on making your own choices about.

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

There's only 1 major troll at this forum

Who is it?

Gotta say sometimes I think about my death quite a lot. It has been creeping up on me lately, usually at night. Have been considering seeing a counselor or something about it, not sure if it’s normal or not.

Sometimes it feels like a wave of dread, and I don’t know why I feel it, it is scary. I just think one day, it will all go snap and be gone. 

Ive had thoughts like this since I was a kid, and never told anyone apart from this. IDK it doesn’t feel like depression, quite often I’ve had a lovely day and then it all suddenly goes downhill. If I’m busy, then often I just try and forget it. 

1 hour ago, aezakmi said:

Couldnt agree more with the last part, I study pharmacy, and I only took pills, when I have really bad pain, most medicines have some sort of a bad side effect, and harm your organs and I always tell my family and parents to dont take pills unless its necessary.

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

You should talk to your doctor about not seeing any improvement on fluoxetine. Pills are not all the same thing, they do not all work the same way. The reality of depression is any one treatment has like a 30-50% chance of success and they generally take 4-6 weeks before anything happens. It's a matter of taking the time to find the right treatment, a psychologist is a good starting point as CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy) is a good non-drug starting point.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

Who is it?

drinklime

/s

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Thanks for all the replies,.

I think it's good to open up and to @floofer well done. it takes a heck of a lot of courage.

I think i'll book in with my doc when i get time. Also just changed jobs to see if that helps. I work in IT and have been fighting in my old company to get changes made to make it better, more efficient and more secure however that has meant often working 7-9 and then figuring other stuff (work related) in my own time and was definately putting myself under more stress than i should have.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, floofer said:

Gotta say sometimes I think about my death quite a lot. It has been creeping up on me lately, usually at night. Have been considering seeing a counselor or something about it, not sure if it’s normal or not.

Sometimes it feels like a wave of dread, and I don’t know why I feel it, it is scary. I just think one day, it will all go snap and be gone. 

Ive had thoughts like this since I was a kid, and never told anyone apart from this. IDK it doesn’t feel like depression, quite often I’ve had a lovely day and then it all suddenly goes downhill. If I’m busy, then often I just try and forget it. 

I think that just boils down to a phobia of death.  I would talk to someone you trust about it, but I wouldn't worry about it too much beyond that.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

I have thoughts, very dark thoughts. I dream of murdering kittens in my sleep and feel the urge to throw a puppy into a high RPM washing machine. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

While I'm not gonna give you any useful health advice, I guess I'd like to share that, frankly, I look down upon myself very harshly. Basically, to the point where I have really bad thoughts of shooting up where I work or just killing myself in front of my parents. Thank fuck that I actually can't bring myself up to do that.

I don't try to burden anyone with my problems, because they've got their own. I'll deal with the way I feel about myself by myself.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, Benjeh said:

I'll PM you.

I'm sorry for your loss, not all anti depressants are addictive, I go on and off mine depending on if i'm coping or not. There are different types that affect people differently.

There are actually very few anti depressants that are addictive. If they are they are usually for anxiety and not depressions. For people like me I have to eat them because the part in my brain that is supposed to make serotonin is not working. With them I work perfectly without no one would like to be anywhere near me :)

Whenever I feel down... 

Spoiler