Built in laptop WiFi vs usb WiFi adapter

Yongtjunkit

Hi, Does anyone here knows which is better in terms of signal strength, stability, etc on 5 GHZ WiFi 

Built in laptop vs usb wifi adapter?

It really depends on what built in and what dongle.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

Hi, Does anyone here knows which is better in terms of signal strength, stability, etc on 5 GHZ WiFi 

Built in laptop vs usb wifi adapter?

Depends on the WiFi-card and the WiFi-stick and what sorts of antennas they got. There is no universal answer. There are laptops with shitty cards, there are laptops with shitty antennas, there are laptops with shitty both and there are laptops with neither of them being shitty, and the same goes for the USB WiFi-sticks.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

20 hours ago, Mad153 said:

It really depends on what built in and what dongle.

20 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Depends on the WiFi-card and the WiFi-stick and what sorts of antennas they got. There is no universal answer. There are laptops with shitty cards, there are laptops with shitty antennas, there are laptops with shitty both and there are laptops with neither of them being shitty, and the same goes for the USB WiFi-sticks.

My laptop currently have only 2.4GHZ built in ( planing to upgrade to a new laptop around 1 year )  planing to buy one of those tp link USB WiFi adapter ( archer t4U or the archer t9uh ) based on the specs seems like the T9UH is 3x3 WiFi