I want a TV for my bedroom that gets very dark.

TechSquidTV

For the last year I have been without a TV in my room in my new apartment. Partially because there is honestly nowhere to put it. The other issue, the flashing of dark to bright scenes keeps me awake. I always lower the TV brightness and backlight as low as it can go in the bedroom. For some TVs that works enough. Not so much for others. For a while I used my PC (no longer in my room) which worked great as when I wanted to sleep I turned off the monitor, allowing the sound to continue. Though of course I did have to get up to turn off the monitor.

So, is anyone aware of a TV that maybe allows the display to be turned off or has the ability to get very dark? Being able to easily switch between dark and bright would also be great.

@TechSquidTV most televisions have a function where you can set a countdown timer to shut off, navigate to that, mine is quite long at 120 minutes. Would that be long enough?

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 11:54 PM, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

@TechSquidTV most televisions have a function where you can set a countdown timer to shut off, navigate to that, mine is quite long at 120 minutes. Would that be long enough?

Not quite though I do that now. I was really hoping to leave the sound on while turning off the visuals or lowering the backlight a lot. That way I can listen to the TV without being woken up by the lights. I know its an odd and difficult ask. 

Bruh sound effect #2. Just close your eyes and think about a TV and sleep. I say go with one of the older (2010-2013) Samsung led back-lit ones. Cheap. Decent quality. Mine get very dark and colours are good.