Great Robot Game?

_Hustler_One_

Hello everyone..

Is there anyone know one or some of great Robot/Mecha games which equivalent to Armored Core for PC?

I was a big fan of Armored Core series, but because it's exclusively for Playstation and I don't have any gaming console anymore because I'm sick of buying new console in every few generations of the game I like, so I left console world and got rid of them because it takes some room space..

What I like from Armored Core series:

1. Military looks of most of the robots. I don't like robots which looks like it's from another world and magic-like attacks instead of basic melee and solid/energy ammo combats.

2. Fully free-customizations.

3. Deep gameplays.

4. Great story line and competitive online features.

Please recommend me one or some of that similar type of game..

Thanks

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

1. Military looks of most of the robots. I don't like robots which looks like it's from another world and magic-like attacks instead of basic melee and solid/energy ammo combats.

3. Deep gameplays.

4. Great story line and online features.

I could only think of gundam breaker... but it ruin its own series ...

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I could only think of gundam breaker... but it ruin its own series ...

What do you mean by "ruin its own series"? But I'll check this one if it can pull me in..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

@dgsddfgdfhgs I can't bear the anime side of Gundam, also it's not fully free-customizable

Armored Core series is the best Robotic game I've ever played by far, It's unrivaled, but I'm in a quest of finding a similar game to be experienced on PC..

241833711_NineBall.jpg.8f194b446db27da93d835b8e26136913.jpg

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

Mech warrior series

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Mech warrior series

Cool, this one will be a strong candidate. I'll educate myself about the series. before that, I ask you some early questions,

1. Is it a 1st person view gameplay or it also has 3rd person view gameplay?

I prefer 3rd person view gameplay.

2. Is the robot fully free-customizable?

Oh and I just found this video. In this video, skip to 15:55 mark, there will be the next series of Armored Core, this year or next year. I would love to see if they will bring it up again after there's nothing come behind the Armored Core V for too long (it's been 6 years after the last series of AC in 2013). Not sure if it will be run on which platform. Hopefully they bring Armored Core to PC just like Capcom brought the Monster Hunter series from exclusive console game to cross-platform game.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

6 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Cool, this one will be a strong candidate. I'll educate myself about the series. before that, I ask you some early questions,

1. Is it a 1st person view gameplay or it also has 3rd person view gameplay?

I prefer 3rd person view gameplay.

2. Is the robot fully free-customizable?

Idk, been going on since the 80s. 

Steel battalion for og Xbox is another game. 

Chrome hounds’ servers are down but that was a cool game. 

Mech Warrior Online is great. I have couple hundreds hours on it. It is first person only as far as i remember (haven't played since last May-June). Playing third person would break the tactic part of the game tough (maybe they have the option but that would be for casual players). Seeing behind corner from camera angle would make fight unfair. The whole point or MechWarrior is to control your torso well and properly allocate damage hit per parts to survive.

In Mech Warrior the mech have been known for decades (it's called battletech btw). Each model have different configurations they come in like if you buy a Corolla you have S, SE, L.. whatever. They have different hard point that allow different type of equipment to be attached there. In MWO equipement can all be procured through playing and gaining credits to buy new parts or new mechs. Combinaison are pretty limitless but some are better than other.

It's the most strategic FPS i know where stats, armor location, teamwork is crucial and every hit count and everyone has a job. Solo and die.

6 hours ago, Franck said:
Spoiler

Mech Warrior Online is great. I have couple hundreds hours on it. It is first person only as far as i remember (haven't played since last May-June). Playing third person would break the tactic part of the game tough (maybe they have the option but that would be for casual players). Seeing behind corner from camera angle would make fight unfair. The whole point or MechWarrior is to control your torso well and properly allocate damage hit per parts to survive.

In Mech Warrior the mech have been known for decades (it's called battletech btw). Each model have different configurations they come in like if you buy a Corolla you have S, SE, L.. whatever. They have different hard point that allow different type of equipment to be attached there. In MWO equipement can all be procured through playing and gaining credits to buy new parts or new mechs. Combinaison are pretty limitless but some are better than other.

It's the most strategic FPS i know where stats, armor location, teamwork is crucial and every hit count and everyone has a job. Solo and die.

Yeah, this series is interesting, but I see it lacks of story line..

Compared to the Armored Core series which is developed by "From Software" who also developed the successful Dark Soul series.

AC series has a complicated interesting story line, I think it's like Metal Gear Solid level of story line which is deep and not linear from the 1st game all the way through to the last series. Instead it started from the 4th to the last series of the game then correlated and continued to the 1st game all the way through to the 3rd series, just like MGS series story line pattern..

It was mind blowing to found that a mech game has such level of story line and its story goes like that when you play them and relized how well some characters and conditions are connected from series to series. And the gameplay (controlling the robots) has steep learning curve eventho it looks like only boosting around and trigger happy, but it's not that simple..

Mech Warior is kind of World of Tanks level gameplay.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

4 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Mech Warior is kind of World of Tanks level gameplay.

gameplay style very similar yes but the story line doesn't lie in their pc game very much.

The engaging story lies in actual 120-150 books written about that universe and table top RPG games (warhammer style).

Not a collection as big as Forgotten Realms but close. Anyhow much more in depth story than Armored Core have i am pretty sure.

If you are interested in the non gaming aspect i recommend you to read the Blood of the Kerensky trilogy. Easily one of the best set of book in that universe.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:56 AM, _Hustler_One_ said:

Hello everyone..

Is there anyone know one or some of great Robot/Mecha games which equivalent to Armored Core for PC?

I was a big fan of Armored Core series, but because it's exclusively for Playstation and I don't have any gaming console anymore because I'm sick of buying new console in every few generations of the game I like, so I left console world and got rid of them because it takes some room space..

What I like from Armored Core series:

3. Deep gameplays.

4. Great story line and competitive online features.

Please recommend me one or some of that similar type of game..

Thanks

robocraft?

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

11 minutes ago, Franck said:

gameplay style very similar yes but the story line doesn't lie in their pc game very much.

The engaging story lies in actual 120-150 books written about that universe and table top RPG games (warhammer style).

Not a collection as big as Forgotten Realms but close. Anyhow much more in depth story than Armored Core have i am pretty sure.

If you are interested in the non gaming aspect i recommend you to read the Blood of the Kerensky trilogy. Easily one of the best set of book in that universe.

If I can get both the gaming aspect with great story, that would be a great time killer for me. Like "Ace Combat", this one is also one of my favorite because of its gameplay and its story. I don't like novels or story books, but I can dig deep into any game story line while playing it at the same time.

7 minutes ago, food158 said:

robocraft?

LOL. That would be a robot version of minecraft. Thanks for joining..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

Titanfall 2? From what I hear the story is pretty good and a lot of people love the MP. I personally own it on the XBox One but still haven't gotten around to playing it so I can't personally vouch for it but it seems to have a loyal following.

4 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Titanfall 2? From what I hear the story is pretty good and a lot of people love the MP. I personally own it on the XBox One but still haven't gotten around to playing it so I can't personally vouch for it but it seems to have a loyal following.

The Titanfall is more like that the robots are not the core of the game, it's more like features instead of the main course of the game. The Mech Warrior is more appealing for me than the others I can find on PC. I think I will try the Mech Warrior 5: Mercenaries while waiting before the next series of Armored Core is available.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs: