Torrent Downloads

I've been hearing this news about torrent is illegal to use and I can't access it through my computer. The website says *you are not authorized to access this website as per gov rules and regulations*. I use a proxy website but in that I don't get the best results and sometimes the webpage would not load at all. 

Major concern = I can't pay a premium VPN though so is there any way to directly download 10GB of data from the torrent directly from a magnet link? 

What are peers? What are leechs? And how does a torrent work? I know almost 80% of the people use torrent to download OS and other important software but they keep it private. 

We cannot help you with illegal downloads, it's against the rules here. You'll have to do your own research on your questions. But as for the "government block" the only thing you can do is a good VPN (maybe TOR? Idk, never really used it myself). This thread will probs be locked in a hot minute.

Also to clarify, the act of peer to peer networking is not illegal, rather it's what you usually get out of it that is. Most people use torrents for free content they'd otherwise have to pay for. There are legit torrents, like some Linux distros actually have their own torrent file.

Can't help you with anything illegal when it comes to torrents here, against the CoC.

However, i can explain a few things.

Peers are people who are either leaching or seeding a torrent

Seeding is allowing people to download portions of a torrent from yourself

Leaching is people downloading portions of torrents from others

Torrents are basically folders broken down into smaller components that are then hosted by a seeder. peers can then leach or download those packets directly from the person seeding them.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

8 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

I've been hearing this news about torrent is illegal to use and I can't access it through my computer.

The torrenting protocol itself is not illegal to use. In fact peer-to-peer downloading protocols may be used in distribution services because it eases the burden of needing to have centralized servers.

It's just that one of the most common uses for torrenting is to pirate stuff.

And how does a torrent work?

The basics of a torrent is someone has a file they want to share, so they provide a torrent file which connects to their BitTorrent server. Then clients who open the torrent file start downloading from this person. The file comes in more or less randomly, and as other people get the file, they too can share it with others on the network if they have a chunk of data that someone else doesn't.

What are peers? What are leechs?

A peer is anyone who's using the torrent. A leech is someone who doesn't have everything in the torrent's contents. There's also one other type of person, a seed, this is someone who has the entirety of the torrent's contents and is purely uploading them.

50 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

We cannot help you with illegal downloads, it's against the rules here. You'll have to do your own research on your questions. But as for the "government block" the only thing you can do is a good VPN (maybe TOR? Idk, never really used it myself). This thread will probs be locked in a hot minute.

Also to clarify, the act of peer to peer networking is not illegal, rather it's what you usually get out of it that is. Most people use torrents for free content they'd otherwise have to pay for. There are legit torrents, like some Linux distros actually have their own torrent file.

LoL I knew it. Torrent is illegal but still poor people use it for many downloads but yet it's not been noticed in LTT but why? Whats the reason in helping poor people who cannot afford such huge softwares like example - Cinema 4D. I know the software developer would definitely report it but I'm not asking a specific software download.

I'm asking you how to download a torrent file directly without using utorrent?

4 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

LoL I knew it. Torrent is illegal but still poor people use it for many downloads but yet it's not been noticed in LTT but why? Whats the reason in helping poor people who cannot afford such huge softwares like example - Cinema 4D. I know the software developer would definitely report it but I'm not asking a specific software download.

Using BitTorrent clients themselves are not illegal. It's what's being transferred that can be considered illegal.

If you want to download a torrent file, you find a website that has them. For example you can download Ubuntu via BitTorrent: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

from my understanding torrent itself isnt illegal, its just a way to share files.

what is illegal is sharing the unauthorised copyrighted files

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

from my understanding torrent itself isnt illegal, its just a way to share files.

what is illegal is sharing the unauthorised copyrighted files

Yeah see I told you guys. Besides I still don't know how to download huge files like 10GB directly from torrent without using any clients

Like straight into the IDM (direct link)

6 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Because such products are aimed at high production movies who won't care about cost. Being poor is no excuse to scab the system. Giving software, music, movies, tv shows, games, etc does not help poor people. As far as I'm aware, you cannot download a torrent without a client unless the service offers it (not many sites do).

4 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Yeah see I told you guys. Besides I still don't know how to download huge files like 10GB directly from torrent without using any clients

Told us what? We've been telling you that this whole time...

15 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

You are conflicting with yourself. Piracy is still illegal, no matter whats the reason behind it. I must wonder how poor people afford to have PCs that can run such expensive software like Cinema4D. Also, open source community is more than willing to help. They use torrents all the time to distribute large software packages, like OS ISOs.Back in the day torrents were also used with game mods, and there's even movies made with peer-to-peer networking (Star Wreck series).

13 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

15 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

You don't. You need client to translate transfer protocol from files to bits and back to files. IDM is client, in a way. uTorrent isn't only client, and not the one I would use. There are better ones. Transmission for example.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv