New Mid-Range Phone for SO

My SO has me looking into a new phone for them and I'm torn between two options.

Moto G6 or Nokia 7.1

The G6 is cheaper and Motorola a more established player than HMD. But I reckon Android One should keep new features and the like coming which is often a sore point, that and the 7.1's marginally bigger screen.

What do you all think? I'm mostly after the device with better value and longevity. (Also open to suggestions of other devices with similar; price range, screen size, storage options)

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions :)

5 minutes ago, off wave surfer said:

My SO has me looking into a new phone for them and I'm torn between two options.

Moto G6 or Nokia 7.1

The G6 is cheaper and Motorola a more established player than HMD. But I reckon Android One should keep new features and the like coming which is often a sore point, that and the 7.1's marginally bigger screen.

What do you all think? I'm mostly after the device with better value and longevity. (Also open to suggestions of other devices with similar; price range, screen size, storage options)

I'd recomend the Sony XZ1. It has a headphone jack, is fairly small, and has a decent battery life. I'm very pleased with mine. IDK what SO is, but im sure the XZ1 would do it.

7 minutes ago, Joelsome said:

I'd recomend the Sony XZ1. It has a headphone jack, is fairly small, and has a decent battery life. I'm very pleased with mine. IDK what SO is, but im sure the XZ1 would do it.

Unfortunately, small is the opposite of what I'm looking for. 5.7"+ screen is a must for them, again unfortunately as I think larger phones are quite unweildy!

(SO = Significant Other)

Just now, off wave surfer said:

Unfortunately, small is the opposite of what I'm looking for. 5.7"+ screen is a must for them, again unfortunately as I think larger phones are quite unweildy! (SO = Significant Other)

Ah ok. My mother uses the Hwawei p20 something, for the camera. I wouldn't recomend going with that though because of the recent news surrounding the company and not being the most secure with your data... If you want a larger phone, i've heared the nexus 7 is good? 7" enough? All jokes aside, why does she need the large phone? Has she tried smaller ones? She might prefer it. The Xperia z3 was always good when i had one, and they are still fairly fast in normal use, can be had second hand for not much. Dont go apple. Dont go samsung. Apple is overpriced. Samsungs will slow right down after a year. Sony have always been good. Oneplus aparently are good with their phones now.

3 hours ago, Joelsome said:

Ah ok. My mother uses the Hwawei p20 something, for the camera. I wouldn't recomend going with that though because of the recent news surrounding the company and not being the most secure with your data... If you want a larger phone, i've heared the nexus 7 is good? 7" enough? All jokes aside, why does she need the large phone? Has she tried smaller ones? She might prefer it. The Xperia z3 was always good when i had one, and they are still fairly fast in normal use, can be had second hand for not much. Dont go apple. Dont go samsung. Apple is overpriced. Samsungs will slow right down after a year. Sony have always been good. Oneplus aparently are good with their phones now.

I am really enjoying my iPhone 7 though. I had it for almost 1 year. It’s very snappy, the camera is great, the speakers are amazing, everything works super well. 

I reckon your SO would be more impressed and happier with a refurb iPhone 7 or SE. They’re well within budget. 

17 hours ago, off wave surfer said:

Moto G6 or Nokia 7.1

What about the Moto G7 (the regular model, not the Power or Play)?  Big screen, modern hardware, solid camera, still priced pretty well.