do i need a Capture Card?!

Gaets

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have an issue at hand, so I have a Panasonic lumix fz300 camera, im trying to use this camera as a web cam, now I have a 1080 ti GeForce GTX, it has three ports HDMI, DP1.4 and HDCP2.2, I have my computer monitor hooked up to the HDMI port, I purchased converters from DP1.4 to HDMI also another converter from HDCP2.2 to HDMI I tested my monitor on these converters to make sure they worked and there was some type of input and output, they both worked with my monitor. I connected my camera HDMI cord that came with it to one of those converters, nothing is happening... do I need a Capture card to trick my computer to think that its a actual webcam? 

3 minutes ago, Gaets said:

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have an issue at hand, so I have a Panasonic lumix fz300 camera, im trying to use this camera as a web cam, now I have a 1080 ti GeForce GTX, it has three ports HDMI, DP1.4 and HDCP2.2, I have my computer monitor hooked up to the HDMI port, I purchased converters from DP1.4 to HDMI also another converter from HDCP2.2 to HDMI I tested my monitor on these converters to make sure they worked and there was some type of input and output, they both worked with my monitor. I connected my camera HDMI cord that came with it to one of those converters, nothing is happening... do I need a Capture card to trick my computer to think that its a actual webcam? 

Last time I checked graphics cards don't take input.

okay, thank you for you "input" hahaha  im new to all this, is there a way for me to solve this issue? 

For this to work you either need an usb or pcie capturecard as far as i know

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.