Kaspersky asking me to remove Malwarebytes -.-

It's actually more like different anitvirus/malware programs may see each other as a virus itself.

It's a program with a lot of permissions (permissions to add, delete, alter files.. Permissions to run at any time, etc.), thus having multiple anti virus programs (or in this case, having Kaspersky, which included anti-malware and malwarebytes) at the same time is not something the programs like.

This is also why Windows Defender turns itself off when you install a different anti virus and why it turns itself on again once your subscription runs out without renewing your antivirus.

But yea, it looks kinda silly.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you should remove kaspersky..

also, thats an older version of malwarebytes, which may be the reason.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

13 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

you should remove kaspersky..

Why?

2 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Why?

mostly personal preference. but i tend not to trust companies based in Russia. Especially with the controversies(whether they are true or not) about affiliation with Russian Intelligence.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, Tsuki said:

mostly personal preference. but i tend not to trust companies based in Russia. Especially with the controversies(whether they are true or not) about affiliation with Russian Intelligence.

This.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, Tsuki said:

What about NSA (and Google, Microsoft, Facebook...) and chinese companies (Huawei, Xiaomi...)?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:09 PM, Minibois said:

It's actually more like different anitvirus/malware programs may see each other as a virus itself.

It's a program with a lot of permissions (permissions to add, delete, alter files.. Permissions to run at any time, etc.), thus having multiple anti virus programs (or in this case, having Kaspersky, which included anti-malware and malwarebytes) at the same time is not something the programs like.

This is also why Windows Defender turns itself off when you install a different anti virus and why it turns itself on again once your subscription runs out without renewing your antivirus.

But yea, it looks kinda silly.

In order for that to happen shouldn't malwarebytes be running in the background as an active scanner (which it isn't in my case)?There's no way it scanned the entire computer and analysed all the programs in just a few seconds.

4 hours ago, MyName13 said:

What about NSA (and Google, Microsoft, Facebook...) and chinese companies (Huawei, Xiaomi...)?

as far as chinese companies,  Xiaomi has a proven track record. even going as far as making their cloud messaging completely optional after privacy concerns were brought up.  and while i dont entirely believe everything being said about Huawei(though i have no doubt some of it is true), you may note i dont own any of their products either(i also dont own any xiaomi products)

as far as google/microsoft/facebook,  its more of "the devil you know".  i used to hold a security clearance, so the nsa already knows everything about me. The chinese and russian intelligence dont.

|Specs in profile|