Jibo's Goodbye Dance

2v6vjm.jpg

The servers behind Jibo's functionality are apparently being shutdown. Jibo owners are being notified of this by way of an audio message and a dance to some music.

Interestingly going to Jibo's website shows a bunch of missing video links and no real info as to what the 'limited' functionality will be once the servers go offline.

Edit:

So the limited functionality appears to only be touch interaction for its local applications. No speach recognition beyond wake word detection.

Edited by randomhkkid
relevant meme created

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

;_;7 goodnight sweet prince

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

Nice, let's see all home assistans die please? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Jibo noooooo!!!!!

At least Mycroft isn't dead, even successfully funding a second version.

Image result for mycroft ai

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

He might not have been super popular.... or good....

But man did that robot try his best and thats all we can ask of him. Rest Easy little guy

God why am I having sentimental feelings about a robot?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Jibo: I don't feel so good..

This is kind of a shame with this newer tech as a whole; it stops working once the developer pulls the plug; there is nothing in the machine itself keeping it alive. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I want to see Terminator Judgement day but it’s Siri vs Google Assistant. 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

who's the one that would be saying "I cannot self-terminate. You must lower me into the steel."

Obviously Siri would be on the side of the Humans, with Apple’s privacy policy. 

“I cannot iTerminate. You must boot me into recovery mode and connect to iTunes” 

lol

Seems you can't reach Jibo's support site either, you get a 502.

A girl who loves to love.

17 minutes ago, floofer said:

Obviously Siri would be on the side of the Humans, with Apple’s privacy policy. 

“I cannot iTerminate. You must boot me into recovery mode and connect to iTunes” 

lol

You just need to translate that to some language that no one speaks, because it's iTerminators main interface and having something not propietary as a interface in iProduct is a big no :D

Also: "I need you to buy new clothes, new boots and new motorcycle, because they are incompatible with me." and the undying "Buy me if you want to live!" :D

On the topic, not really surprising that some product that relies heavily on some propietary server somewhere in the basement of the manufacturer becomes basicly junk when those server are shutdown. Just like any other "personal assistant" will become useless if the company behind it decides to change things up (like Siri and Alexa will stop working when Apple and/or Amazon decides to make Siri/Alexa 2 which uses completely different server and call structure and they cannot support both). This is why I really don't like them because they are basicly designed to become useless in sometime and when it comes, it's damn hard or even nearly impossible to get them work after.

money down the drain 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

snip

The guy straight up looks at an analog clock, comes to the realization he can't read a fucking clock like a normal person and then has to asks his fucking desk robot.

Is this the future?????

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

20 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

The guy straight up looks at an analog clock, comes to the realization he can't read a fucking clock like a normal person and then has to asks his fucking desk robot.

Is this the future?????

Yeah... I think that could have been done a lot better... Maybe the guy wakes up on the couch in the dark after falling asleep working on a project...he hits the power button on the laptop but it is dead because it didn't go to sleep for some reason and being in a hurry he forgot to plug it in before working. Wondering what the hell time it is and phone on the night stand 2 rooms down the hallway, he tries to read the analog clock on the wall but since it's too dark and can't see it. So he asks his Mark II assistant for the time.

I know that seems awfully specific...I can neither confirm or deny something like that ever happening to me...except the wall clock was instead my analog watch...and the Mark II assistant was instead a badly stubbed toe as I tried to fumble for the freaking light.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

RIP Jibo, it failed pretty hard..and uh..yeah.

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

7 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That combined with Smart TV's, Smart Fridges, etc.

Also someone should make a Smart Plunger.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If you mess around with DNS settings, could you get him to connect to a private server?

Does anyone know how he sends requests and how the servers sent back info?

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks