Which keyboard?

zCresH

Which keyboard should I get between the Corsair K95 Platinum (MX speed silver) and the Ducky Shine 7 (MX red)?

Now I know that the Ducky is better, the only problem is the price, I am from Italy, and here there are no retailers that sells the Ducky, if I were to buy the Ducky the only site that is more "approachable" for me is mechanicalkeyboards.com, and here comes another problem, the shipping is $45.50 so that would be like $204.

And here comes the real question, which one is really worth the price the Ducky at $204 with MK.com or the K95 at ~164€ with amazon.

Thanks.

sorry for any eventual grammar errors.

8 minutes ago, zCresH said:

Which keyboard should I get between the Corsair K95 Platinum (MX speed silver) and the Ducky Shine 7 (MX red)?

Now I know that the Ducky is better, the only problem is the price, I am from Italy, and here there are no retailers that sells the Ducky, if I were to buy the Ducky the only site that is more "approachable" for me is mechanicalkeyboards.com, and here comes another problem, the shipping is $45.50 so that would be like $204.

And here comes the real question, which one is really worth the price the Ducky at $204 with MK.com or the K95 at ~164€ with amazon.

Thanks.

sorry for any eventual grammar errors.

I wouldn't even consider Corsair if it was me, if you have the money, buy Ducky. I couldn't even compare the two, Ducky wins IMO. 

In what way is the ducky better? havent owned or used either, but know a fair share of mechanical keyboards. I would (at this pricepoint) go for whatever you like the most. That extra 40 euro's should not break the bank, and if it does you should get the cheaper one or go for another (maybe not so RGB heavy) mechanical keyboard.  Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, nojevive said:

In what way is the ducky better?

They focus on making the keyboard a keyboard, not an acid trip.  Quality comes first, aesthetics later.  Corsair has it the other way around.

neither tbh. at 200+ euros for a mx board that's just outrageous, I woulden't get a 200 Euro Mx board unless it was a squid, or had hiroses or dixies.  

On 3/4/2019 at 5:36 PM, b emoji said:

neither tbh. at 200+ euros for a mx board that's just outrageous, I woulden't get a 200 Euro Mx board unless it was a squid, or had hiroses or dixies.  

so whats a good keyboard for that price or less?

2 hours ago, zCresH said:

so whats a good keyboard for that price or less?

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/fully-assembled-tofu-60-keyboard?variant=17810657116218

Just bring your own caps. 

Alternatively you can get Gateron Yellows or Reds which are smoother than cherrys, but not as smooth and nice as the tealios. 

You can also get other builds with different cases and pcbs for instance something like a hotswappable gk64 and a kbdfans 5 degrees case.

4 hours ago, b emoji said:

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/fully-assembled-keyboard/products/fully-assembled-tofu-60-keyboard?variant=17810657116218

Just bring your own caps. 

Alternatively you can get Gateron Yellows or Reds which are smoother than cherrys, but not as smooth and nice as the tealios. 

You can also get other builds with different cases and pcbs for instance something like a hotswappable gk64 and a kbdfans 5 degrees case.

oof $195, and im not a fan of 60% or TKL keyborads, plus, if I had to buy keycaps that would be like +$30 at least (never had a mechanical keyboard, just a shitty "mech-feel" membrane one)

Never heard of tealios switches, are those linear and silent?

Oh btw I just want to play games

4 hours ago, zCresH said:

Never heard of tealios switches, are those linear and silent?

Tealios are a mid-heavy linear switch, some of the smoothest stock switches you can buy.