3 Phase Switch?

Required

Hi

I looking for an Device who I can put infron of my (Single Phase) UPS who is switch the Phase if something happened.

A short while ago an well known accident happened. Some stupid Construction Worker destroyed one Phase Power Cable on the Street.

The other 2 Phase where ok (so in my Sleeping room I didnt noticed that). My Ups in the Basement was just on the Phase who was cut. ?

Thankfully here in the Basement all 3 Phase are available so I put then on an other Outlet.

Now I need an Switch who I could hook onto all 3 Phase and if the "main" Phase where the UPS is hung up is fail the switch on of the other.

I know just know with 2 Imput. Sure 230V.

THX!

From AT. :x

This is definitely the wrong forum to be asking this question but I know what you're talking about. It's basically a UPS except instead of mains to battery it's mains to mains.

I tried googling around but I don't know the proper search terms. Not to mention in the US most homes are only 1 phase so I envy you for having not only 2 but 3 wherever it is that you live. I spotted manual switches but that's no good. I know you could make your own with a series of relays and a pi but I don't know if the tolerances would be there. (Switching speed)

These switches definitely exist in the industrial environment which is why any that are worth anything are probably going to cost you a pretty penny. I can't say how much exactly. I'll keep looking around but I can say it probably won't be as simple as plug it in to the wall jacks. You'll be stripping wire and screwing down terminals because units like that are typically wall mounted and joined directly to (next to) the powerbox itself.

38 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

It's basically a UPS

Not realy its a switch with some relays and a littlebit Hardware who measure the Parameter of the Input.

40 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

(Switching speed)

Since a UPS is behind the speed dont matter.

The dont need to be screwed in a Terminal because the are <3,2 kva.

32 minutes ago, Required said:

Not realy its a switch with some relays and a littlebit Hardware who measure the Parameter of the Input.

I know it's not the correct terminology I'm just re-purposing it to represent effectively what the unit is doing switching a dead source for a backup source. Besides the hardware to charge the battery a legitimate UPS isn't much different "a switch with some relays and a littlebit Hardware who measure the Parameter of the Input."

35 minutes ago, Required said:

Since a UPS is behind the speed dont matter.

I figured this but hey it's worth mentioning. It just means if all else fails you could accomplish this with again a series of relays and a pi or even maybe just a micro-controller.

37 minutes ago, Required said:

The dont need to be screwed in a Terminal because the are <3,2 kva.

Even 115V electrical outlets use screw terminals. I'm just describing what I think you'd be looking out for. I have a difficult time imagining you'll find a consumer product with pre-attached (soldered or crimped) cables that have a standard plug on the end. Usually this type of equipment uses screws that press down on the bare solid core copper wire. However if you wanted to you could make your own cables like this using stranded wire and plug them into your various wall receptacles. It'd just be a more professional install to set it up at the breaker box with bare wires and have it feed the outlets you want to switch.

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Besides the hardware to charge the battery a legitimate UPS isn't much different "a switch with some relays and a littlebit Hardware who measure the Parameter of the Input."

The also must handle the conversion von AC / DC / AC or how the therms are for.

12 minutes ago, Required said:

The also must handle the conversion von AC / DC / AC or how the therms are for.

This is also true. You could also repurpose a UPS to do what you want but you'd have to butcher it.

On 3/4/2019 at 3:26 PM, Required said:

Hi

I looking for an Device who I can put infron of my (Single Phase) UPS who is switch the Phase if something happened.

A short while ago an well known accident happened. Some stupid Construction Worker destroyed one Phase Power Cable on the Street.

The other 2 Phase where ok (so in my Sleeping room I didnt noticed that). My Ups in the Basement was just on the Phase who was cut. ?

Thankfully here in the Basement all 3 Phase are available so I put then on an other Outlet.

Now I need an Switch who I could hook onto all 3 Phase and if the "main" Phase where the UPS is hung up is fail the switch on of the other.

I know just know with 2 Imput. Sure 230V.

THX!

In my 18 years as an electrician i have never heard of this kind of equipment for the user market.

There might exist industrial equipment like this. 

But like everything meant for the industrial market it probably would cost an arm and a leg.

Main system:

Enthoo Primo, X99 Rampage V, 16GB Ripjaws, i7 5820K, 500GB 970 EVO, 1TB 850 EVO, GTX 1080Ti SLI, EKWB custom Water cooling, Acer X34.

Obutto R3volution racing sim, Logitech G27 w/Nardi wheel and custom button plate, Logitech Z906 surround sound.

Home Theater:

Fractal Node 605, Asus Prime Z390A, i5 9600K, 16GB 3200MHz, 2 X 500GB EVO, GTX 1080, 4TB WD, Corsair Lapdog - K63 keyboard, Logitech MX Master 2S,

Samsung Q8F 65", Dreamscreen Cineseat powered recliner sofa.

Denon AVR-X4500H, Dynavoice Challenger surround: M-105, C5 XL, M-65. Klipsch R41-SA Atmos speakers. XTZ 12.16 sub, Dynabel Phobos 12" sub.

2nd system:

Fractal R5, Asus Z-97 A, 16GB 2000MHz, i7 4790K, 240GB 840 EVO, GTX 980Ti SLI, EKWB and Swiftech custom water cooling, Asus Swift PG278Q.

Laptop:

Acer Predator G9-793, i7-7700HQ, 16GB, GTX 1070, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1080p display OC to 100Hz.

Headphones and DAC/AMP: 

Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

Sound Blaster X3

After some quick research i found what you are looking for. 

It's called an Automatic Phase Selector.  And it does not cost an arm or a leg. ?

https://www.dipolnet.com/automatic_phase_selector_pf-431_P1411.htm

The only caveat is, there has to be 3 phases and neutral present in your intake panel.

Main system:

Enthoo Primo, X99 Rampage V, 16GB Ripjaws, i7 5820K, 500GB 970 EVO, 1TB 850 EVO, GTX 1080Ti SLI, EKWB custom Water cooling, Acer X34.

Obutto R3volution racing sim, Logitech G27 w/Nardi wheel and custom button plate, Logitech Z906 surround sound.

Home Theater:

Fractal Node 605, Asus Prime Z390A, i5 9600K, 16GB 3200MHz, 2 X 500GB EVO, GTX 1080, 4TB WD, Corsair Lapdog - K63 keyboard, Logitech MX Master 2S,

Samsung Q8F 65", Dreamscreen Cineseat powered recliner sofa.

Denon AVR-X4500H, Dynavoice Challenger surround: M-105, C5 XL, M-65. Klipsch R41-SA Atmos speakers. XTZ 12.16 sub, Dynabel Phobos 12" sub.

2nd system:

Fractal R5, Asus Z-97 A, 16GB 2000MHz, i7 4790K, 240GB 840 EVO, GTX 980Ti SLI, EKWB and Swiftech custom water cooling, Asus Swift PG278Q.

Laptop:

Acer Predator G9-793, i7-7700HQ, 16GB, GTX 1070, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1080p display OC to 100Hz.

Headphones and DAC/AMP: 

Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

Sound Blaster X3