black screen with white mouse cursor

johnyb98

Yes, that is what I have already done. In the picture above, this cable has three sata power connectors. At the beginning, I did not know the rate of my usage, and when the connector would not work fine (damaged), and connected/disconnected my lab hard drives let's say at the edge (1 out of 3) sata power connector itself. Not a sata power extender connected to it. The moment it could not give correct power to drives, I should use one of the other two. But then I thought and did what you say. I bought a sata power extender, connected it to one of the other good working two, and worked with power extender in connections/disconnections of the drives.

For expanding my knowledge, I asked you the question if I have read and understood well that every PSU has its own power cables for replacement in modular PSUs of course. Like the one of picture above. Someone cannot get a e.g. CoolerMaster PSU power cable and connect it to a e.g. BeQuiet! PSU. Or further more, in let's say

CoolerMaster PSU A

CoolerMaster PSU B

cannot connect a PSU A power cable to a PSU B.

Each PSU model, even from same manufacturer, has its own cables. Have I understood well?

No, usually the same brand makes the same cables - it's easy and cheaper that way. But they don't sell just cables, so you must buy them from ebay or from some shop that selling moded ones - and they are expensive.

There is one more method. When I was considering buying Seasonic Gold PSU, I realized that it has not enough sata power connectors, so I wrote directly to Seasonic with question where can I buy extra cables. They answer me that they do not sell them separately, but if I'll buy they power supply and send them proof of purchase, they'll send me two cables free of charge. And they did it. I get extra two cables with sata only power connectors and I am happy Seasonic user now. They also send me Seasonic jelly beans. :)

Yes, that is what I wanted to certify. In the past, I did not remember manufacturer, the PSU was just fine, and I wanted to buy just cable. In the market I could not find. In my web search, I read what you say now:manufacturers do not sell them. You can find them just at e-commerce. But, then, I had not the experience I have now. I mean, I did not know that I could search in ebay and find some. But, I read that, even if you find the one that is right for your PSU, does not worth buy. Too expensive. Better buy a new PSU.

ps About shops with moded ones you say in your message above, could you give me a couple of shop links just to see? If it is an ad, you could send me as p.m.

3 hours ago, johnyb98 said:

Yes, that is what I wanted to certify. In the past, I did not remember manufacturer, the PSU was just fine, and I wanted to buy just cable. In the market I could not find. In my web search, I read what you say now:manufacturers do not sell them. You can find them just at e-commerce. But, then, I had not the experience I have now. I mean, I did not know that I could search in ebay and find some. But, I read that, even if you find the one that is right for your PSU, does not worth buy. Too expensive. Better buy a new PSU.

ps About shops with moded ones you say in your message above, could you give me a couple of shop links just to see? If it is an ad, you could send me as p.m.

That was long time ago. I do not store any links from that search.

Ok. thank you for all your time and precious information. If I asked you to roll back to my problem (trying to fix windows 7 with Paragon), what else may I try for that fix?

Would you have anything to suggest?

My neighbors laptop had this problem after a windows update. I went into the registry and deleted a value and replaced it and it fixed it. 

I think this is the video that shows how to do that.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

Thank you for your answer.

I did not make any update in Windows 7. The last thing that happened before the first time black screen with cursor appeared, was Windows repair.

I said yes to windows message for repair, repair in that azure screen started and last 40 minutes, and, in the first boot after this repair, the screen with mouse appeared. If this repair made something damage in registry, that does not let windows work, it might be a chance.

1 minute ago, johnyb98 said:

Thank you for your answer.

I did not make any update in Windows 7. The last thing that happened before the first time black screen with cursor appeared, was Windows repair.

I said yes to windows message for repair, repair in that azure screen started and last 40 minutes, and, in the first boot after this repair, the screen with mouse appeared. If this repair made something damage in registry, that does not let windows work, it might be a chance.

Try that video I sent, if not just reinstall. I wouldn't recommend using the upgrade feature from 7 to 10, it really likes to screw things up. If all else fails then try using another computer to copy files off the hard drive. Or boot off a linux usb and backup everything you still need.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm