Ryzen 3000 release date leak

boey
7 hours ago, Tenelia said:

Disheartening to see that people still make purchases from Sim Lim Square. I'd thought the place and its ilk collapsed. These days, I've gotten almost everything from NewEgg, and I float my own stock.

If you know how to bargain the price increase over buying from newegg or amazon isn’t that much. Can also get parts fast without having to wait for delivery.

16 hours ago, _d0nut said:

If you know how to bargain the price increase over buying from newegg or amazon isn’t that much. Can also get parts fast without having to wait for delivery.

If you have a series of receipts as proof, I'm more inclined to believe you, but personally and as a business, I rather float some inventory through NewEgg or Amazon or AliExpress, since their prices are almost always 15%-40% cheaper.

Come on, is this kind of thing what passes for a credible rumor nowadays? A Whatsapp message from a customer service rep? Please.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, Tenelia said:

If you have a series of receipts as proof, I'm more inclined to believe you, but personally and as a business, I rather float some inventory through NewEgg or Amazon or AliExpress, since their prices are almost always 15%-40% cheaper.

You must be looking at the wrong shops then, a few shops only have max 10% markup on every product(even less on less valuable items). Usually these markups could be lowered significantly. For a 10% markup on a high value product like GPUs, you can bargain to maybe 2-3% markup which is much less than shipping. However certain brands tend to have higher markups which you can’t bargain down, especially Corsair. Brands like Lian Li, Cryorig, ID-Cooling etc. tend to be cheaper at SLS. I’d kind of agree with getting stock from Newegg/Amazon/AliExpress for a business though. You could try sourcing from local distributors maybe?

On 3/10/2019 at 12:14 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

Was helping someone with a Ryzen build and a whole bunch of B450 motherboards are suddenly just out of stock everywhere. mITX and mATX mostly, but there's a real supply crunch on them. Likely means they're clearing their channels for a launch very soon. I think it's going to be a May 1 announcement then a staggered launch. From a marketing perspective, I think getting the first wave out before Computex and then doing a big showcase there would make the most sense. Have the Ryzen 7s all out then and see if Intel brings out LN2 cooling on a HEDT part.

May 1st is AMD's 50th anniversary, so I still think an announcement event would make the most sense then, given they didn't make an early in the year window for launch.

I'm pretty sure they dropped prices of Ryzen 2000 as well, possibly to purge stock. it's $289 on amazon for a 2700x right now.

Are there any non-Zen2 AMD CPUs expected to be launched in the near future?

While grabbing the latest bios I found this:

Update AGESA 0070 for the upcoming processors and improve some CPU compatibility.

From https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 hours ago, porina said:

While grabbing the latest bios I found this:

From https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/

MSI said about their new BIOS update that it was to support 'new Athlon CPUs' but AMD didn't say anything about that

8 hours ago, porina said:

No idea.
Someone in the German Forum Planet3Dnow analyzed it and said that they look like Picasso (=12nm) BIOS and not Zen2 (yet).

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"