Ryzen 3000 release date leak

boey
9 hours ago, porina said:

My point remains, these changes may significantly increase specific areas, but overall you're still going to be doing much of the same stuff as before. I'd be amazed if we get a wide ranging non-AVX speed IPC increase 10%+. Some very specific scenarios may exceed that, but I really can't see it as a general improvement.

What part about cinebench fitting entirely into the cache did you not understand?

2 hours ago, MetEishYa said:

Not surprised they sell before the release date considering they in Sim Lim and there are plenty of stores all trying to sell the same products. They know that once a customer leaves the store the chances of him buy there are much less, so try up sell and haggle.

Bizgram leaked 9th gen intel prices a month before release and started selling 1-2 weeks before release(other shops too)

10 hours ago, porina said:

My point remains, these changes may significantly increase specific areas, but overall you're still going to be doing much of the same stuff as before. I'd be amazed if we get a wide ranging non-AVX speed IPC increase 10%+. Some very specific scenarios may exceed that, but I really can't see it as a general improvement.

Expecting much more than 10% is probably unrealistic, but it should be right around the 10%-13% mark,

1 hour ago, CarlBar said:

What part about cinebench fitting entirely into the cache did you not understand?

Irrelevant. It was just an example of different hardware components can affect software depending on its needs.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

And once again peoples lack of understanding of TDP is displayed for all to see.   There are no false TDP specs on any product on the market currently (at least not in the realm of consumer CPU's).  The only falsehood is the ignorance of people who pontificate it's importance but don't know why.

Going back to the actual topic, I hope it's 4-5 weeks.  I can wait that long, but I am not waiting 4-5 months.  I might just buy another Intel system if I have to wait that long.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 hours ago, porina said:

Irrelevant. It was just an example of different hardware components can affect software depending on its needs.

/headesk.

Do you seriously not understand the implications and connections of a program being entirely in cache?

The list of common reguarly used programs with a real world use case that will do that or come anywhere near doing that is very low. 

I'm not disagreeing with your core point here but your use of cinebench to try and demonstrate it is a terrible one, all it does is undermine your point precisely because cinebench is such an extreme edge case amongst software that it's not representative of actual normal programs.

Just now, CarlBar said:

/headesk.

Do you seriously not understand the implications and connections of a program being entirely in cache?

The list of common reguarly used programs with a real world use case that will do that or come anywhere near doing that is very low. 

I'm not disagreeing with your core point here but your use of cinebench to try and demonstrate it is a terrible one, all it does is undermine your point precisely because cinebench is such an extreme edge case amongst software that it's not representative of actual normal programs.

I intentionally chose Cinebench R15 as one part of the example because I knew it really doesn't care much about ram performance, unless you're a competitive overclocker where fast ram buys you like 0.1% more score. The example was to show that different software will be affected differently by whatever hardware resources are available to it. So if I'm going to give an example, I might as well go to either extreme, where performance is either not affected, or is significantly affected like in the case of the APU graphics.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

And once again peoples lack of understanding of TDP is displayed for all to see. 

And once agian you insult people for coming to a different conclusion than you...

You seem to say that there has to be only your oppinion on it and if the Manufacturer defines something it has to be fine, even if 99% of Engineers see it different and use it different.

There are no false TDP specs on any product on the market currently (at least not in the realm of consumer CPU's). 

You can say that because there is no DIN or IEE Definition of TDP but there is some kind of consensus and people use it in a certain way that has grown in the Technology area...

But hey, its fine when some company redefines TDP and uses it completely different than everyone else....

The only falsehood is the ignorance of people who pontificate it's importance but don't know why.

Says the one who wants to ban people for disagreeing with him in certain areas...

What I really don't get is why you defend certain companys so much and bash everyone who dares to criticise them and point out that there is something people should look at and criticise.

And why do you insult people for having a different oppionion on certain issues?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

And once again peoples lack of understanding of TDP is displayed for all to see.   There are no false TDP specs on any product on the market currently (at least not in the realm of consumer CPU's).  The only falsehood is the ignorance of people who pontificate it's importance but don't know why.

Going back to the actual topic, I hope it's 4-5 weeks.  I can wait that long, but I am not waiting 4-5 months.  I might just buy another Intel system if I have to wait that long.

The issue seems to be that people are confusing what TDP is, and how you can measure it. You can measure it in any manner you want and get different numbers. All of the companies I know of also publish how they measure for TDP of any heat generating device. However people also don't fully understand the RISC, CISC, VLIW, EPIC, and even MISC and OISC and that's being thrown around as well.

On topic as well. The progress is promising and we shall see what happens. I'll withhold any final thoughts and conclusions until more is released from AMD themselves.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And once agian you insult people for coming to a different conclusion than you...

I am not insulting people, I am pointing out a fact about their understanding of TDP.

You seem to say that there has to be only your oppinion on it and if the Manufacturer defines something it has to be fine, even if 99% of Engineers see it different and use it different.

It's not my opinion, it is exactly how the manufacturer defines it that makes it what it is,  I don't know how many times you have to be told, but you cannot take one companies definition of TDP and apply it too another product.  They are always product specific.

You can say that because there is no DIN or IEE Definition of TDP but there is some kind of consensus and people use it in a certain way that has grown in the Technology area...

Thus proving you don't understand it.  Anyone who understood TDP wouldn't make such a loose argument that effectively means nothing.

But hey, its fine when some company redefines TDP and uses it completely different than everyone else....

Says the one who wants to ban people for disagreeing with him in certain areas...

Of course its fine to redefine it, TDP is measured differently for different products.  Why do you refuse to accept this?  I only want to ban people from outright lying. you  have been corrected on TDP before by multiple people.  You are simply lying about it.

What I really don't get is why you defend certain companys so much and bash everyone who dares to criticise them and point out that there is something people should look at and criticise.

You keep saying that like it means something.   No one is defending anything, you just take offense at anyone who doesn't immediately agree with you.  Seeing as I have both 30 years experience and an official education in electronic design (which includes the application of TDP) All I am doing is telling you you are wrong.

And why do you insult people for having a different oppionion on certain issues?

If you feel insulted because someone is correcting you then you should get of the internet.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Poor guy, he's going to get in trouble for this.

2 hours ago, Azims said:

Poor guy, he's going to get in trouble for this.

NDAs here aren’t enforced so probably not

Did AMD not say the launch is expected in the second half of the year during CES?

29 minutes ago, iEimis said:

Did AMD not say the launch is expected in the second half of the year during CES?

Not sure about that but they could have underestimated their speed of production? Maybe they wanted to underpromise instead of risking launching the CPUs late

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

are there local PC hardware youtube channels? o_o just on a separate note

I think I saw one or two but they mostly reviewed laptops and prebuilts from companies like Aftershock. Wouldn’t be that bad doing hardware stuff on Youtube in Singapore, considering we can get access to certain parts slightly earlier than everyone else

4 hours ago, iEimis said:

No, they said middle of the year.

May is the start of the middle.

21 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

are there local PC hardware youtube channels? o_o just on a separate note

NOC plays does some PC build videos occasionally, but the guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

just look at this crap, febuary 2019 and he's picking the 7700k xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

anyone remember when did last bios update start leaking out for B350/x370 for supporting 2nd gen ryzen?

was it just a month earlier? 

2 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

anyone remember when did last bios update start leaking out for B350/x370 for supporting 2nd gen ryzen?

was it just a month earlier? 

i think it was closer to 2 months 

If this is true, oh boy, my wallet is not going to like this.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

On 3/6/2019 at 5:03 PM, Stefan Payne said:

No, they said middle of the year.

May is the start of the middle.

Fair enough.

Middle of the year for me, however, is more like the second half of June to mid July.

1 minute ago, iEimis said:

Fair enough.

Middle of the year for me, however, is more like the second half of June to mid July.

Rumor Mill says that we might get new Information at the End of this Month or beginning of next month.

So it might be sooner than later. BUt that might depend on TSMC and how much space AMD gets from them.

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Rumor Mill says that we might get new Information at the End of this Month or beginning of next month.

So it might be sooner than later. BUt that might depend on TSMC and how much space AMD gets from them.

I think a few people asked Bizgram for info on R9 3850X and they said 8weeks, so possible that AMD would release the lower end in 4-5 weeks(Maybe on the date of their 50th anniversary? Doesn’t fit 4-5 weeks but it’s possible) and the higher end SKUs at a later date

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Was helping someone with a Ryzen build and a whole bunch of B450 motherboards are suddenly just out of stock everywhere. mITX and mATX mostly, but there's a real supply crunch on them. Likely means they're clearing their channels for a launch very soon. I think it's going to be a May 1 announcement then a staggered launch. From a marketing perspective, I think getting the first wave out before Computex and then doing a big showcase there would make the most sense. Have the Ryzen 7s all out then and see if Intel brings out LN2 cooling on a HEDT part.

May 1st is AMD's 50th anniversary, so I still think an announcement event would make the most sense then, given they didn't make an early in the year window for launch.

Disheartening to see that people still make purchases from Sim Lim Square. I'd thought the place and its ilk collapsed. These days, I've gotten almost everything from NewEgg, and I float my own stock.

55 minutes ago, Tenelia said:

Disheartening to see that people still make purchases from Sim Lim Square. I'd thought the place and its ilk collapsed. These days, I've gotten almost everything from NewEgg, and I float my own stock.

thing is, getting parts from newegg means you gotta ship it to taiwan for warranty. and you don't get to have the hardware immediately.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W