Problem with Rip off version of a phone called P20

Ars3lyn

so, bad choice i made, i bought a phone off an app called Wish app, a place where (now i know this) they sell products from company that is outside of the USA, now even though they proven cheaper, i paid for a phone i hope it worked out somehow, Even though the quality of the phones seem good, the fact that this phone is just a rip off the P20 (which i notice by the phone's looks) was already upsetting enough, but once i get to using goolge play service, I have to update it, then came a problem. As i downloaded each app, i slowly realize that this phone won't run any of the apps that came from google play store, meaning that something is wrong with the phone itself. I have no clue what is up with this phone, but i have a theory on what is going on.

Option 1 is being the fact that this phone is a Chinese phone product and the software behind it wasn't meant for anyone in the USA, so the software cant read any games that is English (i assume that much)

Option 2 is probably the google play service, since it was most likely downloaded in China, the requirements is for you to live in China to download them with success. 

I have no solution, and i spent at least $45 for this phone, and i still want to use it because i bought it, so i have to deal with it, but i need help findling out if there a way to reprogram this so that i can use apps on this phone

You're probably out of luck given the phone is $45 from wish. But if you're gonna try I would uninstall all google apps and reinstall them. Find an APK and download them on the phone https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/ use this website to re-download the play store as well as google play services. Although given how cheap it is and given how sketchy Wish is, I am not surprised it wouldn't work.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

i figure there could be flaws, just not something this big sadly, plus wish lied about the storage size too, it was suppose to be 1 gb storage with 8gb, but it has 16gb storage (somehow i can use 1 gb of the storage for apps, which sucks, and bullshit)

6 minutes ago, Rupe said:

You're probably out of luck given the phone is $45 from wish. But if you're gonna try I would uninstall all google apps and reinstall them. Find an APK and download them on the phone https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/ use this website to re-download the play store as well as google play services. Although given how cheap it is and given how sketchy Wish is, I am not surprised it wouldn't work.

i figure there could be flaws, just not something this big sadly, plus wish lied about the storage size too, it was suppose to be 1 gb storage with 8gb, but it has 16gb storage (somehow i can use 1 gb of the storage for apps, which sucks, and bullshit)

The actual P20 is a chinese phone which works just fine so please stop this BS saying only MURICAN Products are good. You just done goofed spending $45 on a phone that is actually $450. 

Please stop buying rip offs. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, Ars3lyn said:

There is almost certainly only 1gb of storage but the phone thinks there is more, similar to this fake micro SD:

Just now, FloRolf said:

The actual P20 is a chinese phone which works just fine so please stop this BS saying only MURICAN Products are good. You just done goofed spending $45 on a phone that is actually $450. 

He knows, he said in his Original post it was a Rip off P20

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

26 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

now hold on a second there, i wasnt saying that just to say P20 is bad, nor do i know those companies, sheesh, but i do say that i never expected it to be a rip off at all, wish doesnt give the full detail about the phone, the reason i bought this phone was because i see it as a cheap phone, if i could i would pay monthly to own a phone, a good one, but sadly i can't because of how expensive all the phones that even close to being decent, most phones i find that i say "oh it looks like a phone for me" then boom, 600, 700 800, shit even 1000, all because of shit like camera and all this other small stuff they just put in. Like i said, i never said i said, i never knew it was a rip off until i got it from mail, so don't be attacking about this shit dude. I made a mistake, that is that, im trying to work with what i got

Edited by Ars3lyn

20 minutes ago, Rupe said:

There is almost certainly only 1gb of storage but the phone thinks there is more, similar to this fake micro SD:

He knows, he said in his Original post it was a Rip off P20

i see now, after watching that video i fully understand that, so where do i look for a phone just for me? I am a gamer, so I dont need a camera or any of those fancy stuff, but i do need good speed and space storage, can you link me to the place?

1 minute ago, Ars3lyn said:

i see now, after watching that video i fully understand that, so where do i look for a phone just for me? I am a gamer, so I dont need a camera or any of those fancy stuff, but i do need good speed and space storage, can you link me to the place?

I don't live in America so it's a little awkward for me to recommend you good deals, but maybe search for Pocophone F1, or perhaps the Honor Play. 

22 minutes ago, Rupe said:

I don't live in America so it's a little awkward for me to recommend you good deals, but maybe search for Pocophone F1, or perhaps the Honor Play

I am looking at both of them right now, They seem great choices, but for the price they are a bit crazy, i only get 300$ per month, so seeing phones taking all my money (not saying this as super bad thing, i can probably buy one later on) hits me mentally, i was hoping for a phone around maybe 100 to 150 maybe

3 minutes ago, Ars3lyn said:

I am looking at both of them right now, They seem great choices, but for the price they are a bit crazy, i only get 300$ per month, so seeing phones taking all my money (not saying this as super bad thing, i can probably buy one later on) hits me mentally, i was hoping for a phone around maybe 100 to 150 maybe

Hm, try just searching Xiaomi phones, the 'Redmi' line of phones gets really cheap and might be more in your price range. The thing about the Pocophone F1 and the Honor Play is that they offer top of the Line SoCs (for 2018 at least) for relatively cheap, making them good gaming phones

5 minutes ago, Rupe said:

Hm, try just searching Xiaomi phones, the 'Redmi' line of phones gets really cheap and might be more in your price range. The thing about the Pocophone F1 and the Honor Play is that they offer top of the Line SoCs (for 2018 at least) for relatively cheap, making them good gaming phones

Yes i can see that, after watching reviews from a youtuber and a website i can see how amazing those phones are, the price sadly i cant do just yet, maybe i can do something to earn some short cash here and there to get one of those phones, if i could pick, i was thinking about the pocophone F1, but sadly they are no longer selling it in the US for some reason, and i rather not look around Ebay or Amazon again to find that phone once again (who know if there anymore scams like that again, rather not be fooled twice)

20 minutes ago, Ars3lyn said:

Yes i can see that, after watching reviews from a youtuber and a website i can see how amazing those phones are, the price sadly i cant do just yet, maybe i can do something to earn some short cash here and there to get one of those phones, if i could pick, i was thinking about the pocophone F1, but sadly they are no longer selling it in the US for some reason, and i rather not look around Ebay or Amazon again to find that phone once again (who know if there anymore scams like that again, rather not be fooled twice)

Order from a reputable site like Ebay or Amazon (or most places tbh) you will be able to get your money back if you don't received what is advertised