Looking for a new high-end phone

Alexaldin

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new phone, and I'm not sure what to do, so I was looking for some suggestions.

Right now I have a Sony Xperia XZ, that has done its days, since it's discharging fast and keeps lagging when I use everything, also it doesn't update apps anymore, Play Store just keep giving me errors.

I love Sony smartphone, I had a Sony Xperia Z2 that was by far the best smartphone I ever had, and the XZ gave me almost the same feeling, exept for the battery life.

Now, I'm unsure what to do. I would like to stay with Sony, I love their design and their software, I love how they customized the battery life experience, with Stamina, with the slow abitual charge over night, and other things.

So I was looking at the Sony Xperia XZ3, but it has the old Snapdragon 845. I know that now there's the 855 that it's a lot faster and better, but the next Sony with the 855 it's the Xperia 1, and it will launch at April/May.

My gf has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, and it's a great medium smartphone. So, interested of the brand, I looked and I found out that the Xiaomi Mi 9 has launched in these days here in Italy, but I'm not entirely sure on getting it. I looked at the 6/128gb version, cause I need a lot of space on it, and it doesn't have expandable memory. Also, some review says it's the best high-end smartphone around, some other just says that the camera sucks, the fingerprint sensor too, or that it isn't waterproof.

I need some feedback on what to do, cause I can't find a true compromise.

Waiting for the Xperia 1, althought it's not cheap, or go for the Mi 9, with all it's bad(?) feedback?

I'd love a good battery life, a good OS, fast and with a decent camera.

Thank you for every answers

If you're not going to spring for the Xperia 1, then why not a Galaxy S10 variant (if you can live with Samsung's sluggish OS update policy)?  Or maybe a OnePlus 6T, unless you start to hear murmurs about the 7 coming soon.

In your boat I'd be tempted to hold out for the Xperia 1, if just because it's an amplified version of the experience you know.

22 hours ago, Commodus said:

If you're not going to spring for the Xperia 1, then why not a Galaxy S10 variant (if you can live with Samsung's sluggish OS update policy)?  Or maybe a OnePlus 6T, unless you start to hear murmurs about the 7 coming soon.

In your boat I'd be tempted to hold out for the Xperia 1, if just because it's an amplified version of the experience you know.

I dunno if it's destiny or just bad luck, but today the XZ died :D I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and I'll wait for the Xperia 1 reviews and a drop in price.

Thank you for your help :)

4 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

I dunno if it's destiny or just bad luck, but today the XZ died :D I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and I'll wait for the Xperia 1 reviews and a drop in price.

Welcome! Sorry to hear your phone died a premature death, but glad you already have a replacement to tide you over.

2 hours ago, Alexaldin said:

I liked your reply, not because I liked that your XZ died (hence, this comment) ? 
Liked your game plan -- Redmi Note 6 is a great option as you wait for Xperia.