RTX 2060 passthrough error

Hello everyone.

I am kinda lost on how to get this working.  I am following space invaders video on how to do a dual boot setup with unraid and windows.  Not that I think I will boot to windows very often, but its nice to have the option.

I did all that part, now its making that windows disk available as a VM in unraid

I get an Iommu group error when I tried initially.  I have tried a couple things and got around that error.

Now when i boot the VM i get no signal to my monitor from the HDMI port

Unraid seems to think the VM booted correctly, but i cannot stop the vm without doing a force stop.

I am using hadware from the Serverbuilds.net 2011 anniversary build, and an MSI RTX2060

Is the vm really running? Can you rdp into it?

What does the log look like?

What exact specs and board?

Does it work with anouther hypervisor?

Not sure how I would RDP into it. how can i find the IP

4 hours ago, InfInIty06 said:

Not sure how I would RDP into it. how can i find the IP

do a network scan or set a static ip

I'm unfamiliar with unraid, but do you get a console window at all? If there's no direct console window, how about through VNC at least?

Are you sure your motherboard supports IOMMU / VT-d (and you are just forcing it anyway)?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:30 AM, Mikensan said:

I'm unfamiliar with unraid, but do you get a console window at all? If there's no direct console window, how about through VNC at least?

Are you sure your motherboard supports IOMMU / VT-d (and you are just forcing it anyway)?

I am doing the Serverbuilds.net NSFW build.  The mobo is a Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 with 2 E5-2650v2 processors

I think the issue might be VBIOS related, but I am unsure.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

do a network scan or set a static ip

If i setup the nvidia card as a second GPU and VNC as the first, I see error code 43 on the RTX2060 driver

I did get this up and running in SeaBios but it only allowed me to pass through 6 threads max.

I have been banging my head against this for a while, bout to give up

Nvidia client cards are designed not to work if they know they're virtualized.  That's why with KVM and Xen, you need to use the options that disable the guest from knowing it's virtualized.  At least, that's how it acted when I looked into it for my 970.  

"Anger, which, far sweeter than trickling drops of honey, rises in the bosom of a man like smoke."