Solution idea for the notch

Hello!

While I was watching the video The REAL Solution to the NOTCH, I found the idea of using the back camera and completely removing the front one really interesting, and I was wondering how else it could be done.

I also came across this article a few months ago: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180328182447.htm)

So I thought of something like that picture (back of the phone):

53244293_506864256508520_137014148564674

Basically here is the idea:

I was thinking how useless a touch screen would be with a phone case, so I tried to find another way. The idea is a non-touchable and removable LCD screen. It's incredibly thin and shouldn't add much thickness to the phone. It doesn't uses a lot of battery and a fixed image ca be displayed without using any energy. So you can also use it to show some informations, like the time or the weather. The connection to the phone is made trough the company logo. Why removable? So you can put it on the case, since the case can also have the connectors. 

With that solution, you have 4 scenarios:

1. You dont't use a case, you just put the screen on the phone

2. You're using a transparent case, you can put the screen on or under it

3. You're using a case, but not a transparent one, you can put it on the phone

4. You don't need the screen, you never take any selfies anyway, so you can pay less by not buying the removable screen

What are your toughts? Would that even be be possible? 

Wouldn't it be easier to just slap a small piece of black tape over the lens that you don't want to use?

No need for a second display.  Seeing as the back of the phone is usually flat, you may as well put a chrome decal on it and use that as a mirror for when you really want to take selfies. 

You can use the volume buttons to take pictures, so no need to touch the touchscreen on the other side of the phone either. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020