Do you use the webcam on your laptop?

Nexxt

Webcam Usage  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the webcam on your laptop?

• Yes
    • No

So after the recent video suggesting that an unintegrated webcam is a poor solution for a laptop, it got me thinking, how many people use the webcam on their laptop? I personally don't but I would like to see how the community breaks down on this. Would people prefer a laptop without having to make room for a camera at the top or bottom? Do you like the security of not having one, or the flexibility of having one?

I'm kind of surprised that Linus makes it out to be a necessity, I have hardly used the front facing camera of any devices I have owned, let alone laptop webcams.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Not only do I not use one, I delete the software and block the lens with black tape. The last thing I need is for some hacker to see me undressed with no makeup on (second thought, I'm old enought that, if s/he did see me, it would sear her/his eyes, blinding them for life).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Yeah, I live at the opposite side of the country from my parents, so it's nice to have so we can skype. 

EDIT: Probably wouldn't buy a laptop without one because of it. 

Mine is covered in tape... Hasn't seen the light of day in years, poor thing.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

My job involves a fairly high amount of video calls, and i'd rather not always be tied to a desk and/or have to pull out a separate peripheral every time I need to make a call.

I think an integrated webcam is an expected feature on a laptop, and I would certainly prefer one, placed correctly at the top, even if i makes the bezel .5 cm thicker (the horror), over not having one at all, or one placed poorly (looking up my nose). If i need superior hardware (streaming or recording a video), that's where I'm at a desk with a dedicated webcam.

ductaping a front camera is a must especially on a laptop..at least for me

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore