Will it fry my arduino

rocketbagel
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
14 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

I have a dc psu that says 12vdc 3000MA will it fry my arduino uno r3? It says 7-12v for the arduino but will 3000MA kill it?

That's not how electricity works: you don't push current into a device, the device draws it. 3000mA current-capacity means that any device connected to your power-supply can draw up to that much, not that the PSU will push that current into your device; if the device only needs, say, 60mA, then that's what it'll draw and no more.

The voltage is the one that breaks stuff -- if you're supplying more voltage than a device can handle, you're liable to fry things.

I have a dc psu that says 12vdc 3000MA will it fry my arduino uno r3? It says 7-12v for the arduino but will 3000MA kill it?

14 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

That's not how electricity works: you don't push current into a device, the device draws it. 3000mA current-capacity means that any device connected to your power-supply can draw up to that much, not that the PSU will push that current into your device; if the device only needs, say, 60mA, then that's what it'll draw and no more.

The voltage is the one that breaks stuff -- if you're supplying more voltage than a device can handle, you're liable to fry things.

Edited by WereCatf
Fix typos.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.