Is my SSD dead or can be revived?

StarTheSoldier
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
46 minutes ago, StarTheSoldier said:

Please let me know if my SSD is dead or can be revived?

Sounds like it's dead. And no, you can't revive a dead SSD.

So like 2-3 weeks ago, I was playing a game on my PC and suddenly my whole PC froze, could not open anything. There was just the frozen image on my screen nothing else.

So I restarted my computer(with the restart button on I/O), but there was no boot option in any of my drives. I tried solutions from various posts but nothing improved.

Then I decided to install new version of windows in my SSD(First of all my SSD was empty and had no allocate space). I tried to allocate space in my SSD but my PC keeps freezes whenever I tried to do so(I had to restart installation process again whenever this happened). I tried formatting and everything on other posts but nothing worked.

Ultimately I decided to install my windows on my hard drive and it totally worked.

Now that I have windows in my hard disk I tried initializing my SSD but my PC still the same problem of PC freezing.

I have tried initializing with windows CMD but got the same results.

Thank you :)

Ho old is it and which model?

You could try to unplug you sata cable (let the power cable plugged in!) boot into the BIOS wait for half an hour to an hour,

reconnect your drive and try if it is running again.

You also could try to update the firmware of the SSD but I do not think thats possible in the state of the SSD right now.

46 minutes ago, StarTheSoldier said:

Sounds like it's dead. And no, you can't revive a dead SSD.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 hours ago, Chaftalie said:

Ho old is it and which model?

You could try to unplug you sata cable (let the power cable plugged in!) boot into the BIOS wait for half an hour to an hour,

reconnect your drive and try if it is running again.

You also could try to update the firmware of the SSD but I do not think thats possible in the state of the SSD right now.

It is only 3 months old and it is 240gb inland professional

I have that that solution but nothing happened.

1 minute ago, StarTheSoldier said:

It is only 3 months old and it is 240gb inland professional

I have that that solution but nothing happened.

From Micro Center? (In the US)

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

CPU: i5-8600K @Stock  GPU: RTX 2060 Zotac GAMING Amp  RAM: 4x4GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT  MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A  HDD: 4 TB 5400 RPM Seagate Barracuda, 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim  SSD: Inland Professional 120 GB  Soundcard: built in  Case: NZXT H500i  Screen: HP 22cwa IPS

Server: Working on it (See https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1039535-server-build/)

Laptop : Microsoft Surface Pro 5:

CPU: i5-7300U  GPU: Intel HD 620  RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1866 MHz  MOBO: Microsoft Custom  SSD: Internal M.2  Soundcard: built in  Case: lol its a laptop  Screen: see case: lol its a laptop

Phone: Google Pixel:

CPU: Qualcomm 821  GPU: Adreno 530  RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X  Storage: 32GB eMMC  Display: 5" 16:9 1080x1920p Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Dog: Shorty, Absolute Mutt:

Ears: Floppy  Tail: Long  Paws: Muddy  Fur: Brown

Cats: Chili and Cheddar (Don't Ask):

Cute: Yes  Fur: Soft  Tail: In front of you whacking your face

Cereal: 

Dry: NOPE  With Milk: Cinnamon Toast Crunch  Milk: Whole % Vitamin D  Hot: Quaker Instant Maple  Steel Cooked: Wegmans with Sweetened Condensed Milk

Coffee:

Type: Latte  Caffeinated: very much so  Milk: Yes

Game consoles:

PC ALL THE WAY

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, AKinsey2468 said:

From Micro Center? (In the US)

Yep