is water cooling a 17 year old pc worth it?

On 3/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, Woyta said:

Actualy Athlon XP is era when  I start watercool my PC.

Atlon XP 2500 Barton and Barton mobile ver my first watercooled CPUs I think.

That was era of DIY waterblocks. Nowdays you can buy cheap chines waterblock and just make your mounting hardware.

At this era we wer using water pumps for aquarims and gardens. Mostly from Eheim.

Waterblock could be just piece of cooper plate and soldered cooper plate. But low restriction block from china would be better.

Same watercooling setups does not even have radiator. Just large tank with water.  Or we wer using heating cores from cars. They are less dense than cooling radiator.

First comercial sets from Thermaltake were using cooling towers 

http://cpucoolingfans.weebly.com/zalman-cpu-water-cooling-system-reserator-1-v2-intel-p4-amd-sempron-amd64-review.html

So yes. If you want to play with tools you can build "classic" watercooling loop for very cheap.

thats good to hear, iv been meaning to 1-up my old machine for a while now, without taking away the motherboard and cpu, cause at that point its a totally dif pc with the same shell. and i would like to keep the same early 2000s vibe without sacrificing a nice piece of hardware history.

I think the question really is 'is a 17 year old PC worth it' to which the answer is usually no - at least from a performance standpoint.

As for a fun project to do just for the sake of doing it, it's absolutely worth it :P

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

On 3/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, SupaKomputa said:

go to the 30th floor and dump it from there.

see if it survived and support windows 10.

why would you want to install Bloat 10 on 1996 hardware though.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

8 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

2002* but true windows 10 needs at least 1gb of ram for even the 32 bit version and my ram is 500mb, it would be very unstable and the disk transfer rate is low because its stil using a ide cable for the hard drive

5 hours ago, aezakmi said:

you don't get the joke.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w