Honda getting their "Urban EV" ready for production

cluelessgenius
5 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

I don't attack people as a general rule, but I will think less of them as I think less of men who wear skinny jeans, or have a man bun. 

And I don't buy a vehicle based on how smart it is, I buy based on passion. 

Your loss.  I'll bet a small, high-torque car like that is actually quite fun to drive.

16 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

I don't attack people as a general rule, but I will think less of them as I think less of men who wear skinny jeans, or have a man bun. 

And I don't buy a vehicle based on how smart it is, I buy based on passion. 

That's.... extremely irrational of you. But you do you.

I'd never think lesser of a man because they want to wear skinny jeans or have a man bun. That doesn't define who they are - it's a fashion/style choice.

I buy cars based on whether it's a good purchase that fits all of my needs, is a good car, and also has looks that I don't mind. Buying all your cars based on passion seems like a really bad way to control your spending.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

American logic, I am looking for a good car for a my city life style, better get that full size SUV. :^)

Most cars are designed for the American market first, due to most cars are sold to Americans.

Most of the love for SUVs is that our roads are bigger, we have more space, and it easier to move stuff around. (kids, shopping, moving, vacations, ect)

also many like the feel being "king of the road", the "safety" feel they get, and the idea its "good off road" not that most SUVs really are that good in these areas.

So you have supersized cars cuz you got supersized roads? Then why you got supersized roads? Cuz you got supersized cars maybe? Real weird huh? 

Also maybe the whole King of road feeling and the sense that noone cant hurt me in my big fuckin truck is the reason people drive like they own the road as well. Put everyone on bikes and lets See how fucking careful everyone will be on the road all of the sudden. 

Maybe im just never be able to understand it and thats fine too. Im thinking of getting an abarth 595 right now :D not because its overly manly or better than other car or safer or stronger... Its just really alot of fun to drive so fuck it i drive a peugeot 307 right now hearing everyone say how its a girly car... fuck it its really fun to drive. In the thats what should matter. And the American Tanks just arent to me

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

3 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

So you have supersized cars cuz you got supersized roads? Then why you got supersized roads? Cuz you got supersized cars maybe? Real weird huh? 

Also maybe the whole King of road feeling and the sense that noone cant hurt me in my big fuckin truck is the reason people drive like they own the road as well. Put everyone on bikes and lets See how fucking careful everyone will be on the road all of the sudden. 

Maybe im just never be able to understand it and thats fine too. Im thinking of getting an abarth 595 right now :D not because its overly manly or better than other car or safer or stronger... Its just really alot of fun to drive so fuck it i drive a peugeot 307 right now hearing everyone say how its a girly car... fuck it its really fun to drive. In the thats what should matter. And the American Tanks just arent to me

Keep in mind that not everyone drives an Escalade or another full size 3 row SUV. I drive a Jetta, which is a smaller (though large compared to the tiny Abarth) compact 4-door sedan.

I'll probably eventually upgrade to a compact SUV or a mid-size sedan at some point.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Your loss.  I'll bet a small, high-torque car like that is actually quite fun to drive.

With rwd nontheless im wondering if maybe itll drift Really well. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind that not everyone drives an Escalade or another full size 3 row SUV. I drive a Jetta, which is a smaller (though large compared to the tiny Abarth) compact 4-door sedan.

I'll probably eventually upgrade to a compact SUV or a mid-size sedan at some point.

Its never everyone of course but the Trend is clear. And yeah a jetta seems very normal. Also i do get how bigger cars are practical if you have a big family or something but thats also not everyone. You dont buy a f150 with a lift Kit cuz you needs to fit your 3 Kids and travel bags and there just ist anything else. 

10 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

I am not a SUV person.

The roads are big because we have the space, also many roads must accommodate sizes for military vehicles. you know just in case.

I had a Mazda 3, now I have a Subaru Legacy.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

Also many roads must accommodate sizes for military vehicles. you know just in case.

Alright lets not get into this were derailing this topic a bit i feel and i dont See us come to an understanding. 

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

Its never everyone of course but the Trend is clear. And yeah a jetta seems very normal. Also i do get how bigger cars are practical if you have a big family or something but thats also not everyone. You dont buy a f150 with a lift Kit cuz you needs to fit your 3 Kids and travel bags and there just ist anything else. 

You don't buy an F-150 with a lift kit unless you're a Redneck or a sport offroad racer, etc ;)

But, yes, with something like a Jetta, it's far more practical then the kinds of small 2-door cars I see common in Europe. I can bring myself, my fiancee, and 2 adult friends on a day trip to another town, and even have room for luggage or groceries, etc.

The trend for what sells is actually heading more and more towards SUV's. Car sales are tanking. North America is definitely leading that trend, but Europe isn't immune to it either.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

I am not a SUV person.

The roads are big because we have the space, also many roads must accommodate sizes for military vehicles. you know just in case.

I had a Mazda 3, now I have a Subaru Legacy.

Mazda 3 basically exact same size as my Jetta. Legacy is slightly larger IIRC.

@cluelessgenius The biggest reason for the big roads is simple: Because we can. Most European cities were already well established for centuries before cars were invented. Most North American cities aren't that old, and the ones that were, it was easy enough to fit larger roads into them. Cities London have existed in one form or another for over 1000 years. The city I live in is 186 years old - and 186 years ago, it was a sprinkling of farmers and other settlers that lived miles away from each other.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:28 PM, dalekphalm said:

Well, I live in North America... so. 100% doesn't apply. The Prius to us, is already a smaller car. The Honda is absolutely ridiculously small.

This is our small in UK/Europe:

nissan-micra_1725_2.jpg

21 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You don't buy an F-150 with a lift kit unless you're a Redneck or a sport offroad racer, etc ;)

But, yes, with something like a Jetta, it's far more practical then the kinds of small 2-door cars I see common in Europe. I can bring myself, my fiancee, and 2 adult friends on a day trip to another town, and even have room for luggage or groceries, etc.

The trend for what sells is actually heading more and more towards SUV's. Car sales are tanking. North America is definitely leading that trend, but Europe isn't immune to it either.

Mazda 3 basically exact same size as my Jetta. Legacy is slightly larger IIRC.

@cluelessgenius The biggest reason for the big roads is simple: Because we can. Most European cities were already well established for centuries before cars were invented. Most North American cities aren't that old, and the ones that were, it was easy enough to fit larger roads into them. Cities London have existed in one form or another for over 1000 years. The city I live in is 186 years old - and 186 years ago, it was a sprinkling of farmers and other settlers that lived miles away from each other.

To be fair the biggest difference is the US has a lot more distance between places in general. Here in the UK the longest possibble single point to point journey is 874 miles, (14000 nd change km), and that as something of a maximum point setter isn't really a distance most people cover. Under 400 miles is a far more normal long distance, and journeys over a 100 miles are vanishingly rare for most people.

3 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

This is our small in UK/Europe:

nissan-micra_1725_2.jpg

Yeah you'd have difficulty even finding a car that small in North America - I guess the Smart ForTwo would be about that size, or a Fiat 500?

The problem with a car like that is that you have to choose: Do I want to carry passengers in the rear seats, or do I want to carry stuff? I'm sure there's a tiny bit of room behind the seats but nothing even remotely similar to the size of my Jetta's trunk (and my trunk isn't especially large).

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

To be fair the biggest difference is the US has a lot more distance between places in general. Here in the UK the longest possibble single point to point journey is 874 miles, (14000 nd change km), and that as something of a maximum point setter isn't really a distance most people cover. Under 400 miles is a far more normal long distance, and journeys over a 100 miles are vanishingly rare for most people.

That's true in North America too. Most people commute around 40 KM per day. North Americans just have this fear of not being able to drive 600+ KM in a single trip.

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah you'd have difficulty even finding a car that small in North America - I guess the Smart ForTwo would be about that size, or a Fiat 500?

The problem with a car like that is that you have to choose: Do I want to carry passengers in the rear seats, or do I want to carry stuff? I'm sure there's a tiny bit of room behind the seats but nothing even remotely similar to the size of my Jetta's trunk (and my trunk isn't especially large).

It's enough for me to get groceries for a week and change into the boot without having to fold the seats down or preventing anyone from being in the back. I wouldn't want to try to fit family of 4 groceries in the back with the seats up but it's not remotely insufficient for a smaller household.

20 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's true in North America too. Most people commute around 40 KM per day. North Americans just have this fear of not being able to drive 600+ KM in a single trip.

My point was more that AFAIK a lot of americans will go long distance by car to see relative cross state or go on holiday. Here in the Uk having to go 100 miles to do either of those is rare unless your going abroad, and that tends to be a plane or train job so still not long distance driving. Whereas americans have a lot more legitimate reasons to make more long distance car journeys than we do in the UK.

23 hours ago, CarlBar said:

My point was more that AFAIK a lot of americans will go long distance by car to see relative cross state or go on holiday. Here in the Uk having to go 100 miles to do either of those is rare unless your going abroad, and that tends to be a plane or train job so still not long distance driving. Whereas americans have a lot more legitimate reasons to make more long distance car journeys than we do in the UK.

Yes, I won't buy a Tesla because it won't go for 6 hours on a single charge.  My gasoline vehicle will.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

12 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Yes, I won't buy a Tesla because it won't go for 6 hours on a single charge.  My gasoline vehicle will.

Depends on what you're doing - might be able to get 6 hours of in-city driving, or 3-4 hours of highway driving.

Also, not every gasoline vehicle will get 6 hours of driving either - most will, if only just, but it really depends on so many factors. "6 hours of driving" doesn't really mean anything unless we look at the specifics - speed, distance, type of road, frequent stopping (or not), etc.

They practically eliminated the little overhang of the hood above the front lights. I think that’s why it looks so much less sporty and aggressive now

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido