Root Samsung Galaxy S8+ Need Help

Go to solution Solved by Airdragonz,

I recommend that you don't root, at least not with a Snapdragon cpu Samsung S8. There is currently a guide on XDA forums if you search "Samsung S8 snapdragon root xda" into your google search bar. There are limitations, such as only 1 or 2 roms and kernels available to download, battery not always charging past 80%, and no updates past Nougat I believe. If you want Pie, you will need a completely stock, 100% not modified phone to update officially via OTA. 

I want to Root my Galaxy S8+. I was wondering if anyone could point me to the right guide or tutorial?

I've been trying to research the different kinds of roots but information is very weirdly scattered. I'm not sure if my google Algorithm is dumb today or what... So far I've figured out that the instant root stuff like SuperSU and KingRoot is not trustworthy and it's not a good idea to use them. I'm brand new at this stuff so I don't know much.

Geekbench says I'm on Snapdragon 835 and on Android 8.0. Once I root will I still be able to get the Android Pie update that is apparently coming to S8 or does that mean I have to do something before I upgrade?

I recommend that you don't root, at least not with a Snapdragon cpu Samsung S8. There is currently a guide on XDA forums if you search "Samsung S8 snapdragon root xda" into your google search bar. There are limitations, such as only 1 or 2 roms and kernels available to download, battery not always charging past 80%, and no updates past Nougat I believe. If you want Pie, you will need a completely stock, 100% not modified phone to update officially via OTA. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

14 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

I see. Maybe I should wait then. I'm planning on getting the Note 10 in August I was just hoping rooting would allow me to take some of the bloatware off my s8 which is starting to run a little slower. Thank you for the quick response.

50 minutes ago, Clock_Work said:

I see. Maybe I should wait then. I'm planning on getting the Note 10 in August I was just hoping rooting would allow me to take some of the bloatware off my s8 which is starting to run a little slower. Thank you for the quick response.

No problem. Just as a heads up, all Snapdragon cpu Samsung phones tend to be much harder to root than Exynos cpu (international) variants at the moment due to the locked bootloaders on the Snapdragon versions. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")