LTX 2019 Featuring DreamHack Questions Megathread

CPotter

Are you guys planning on having a VR booth with the new Valve Index?

On 5/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, Null.Ecko said:

@CPotter Hey Colton one question. Are there any restricitons for being a volunteer? Do you have to be from Canada/US or is it open for everybody?

Im planning to come from Slovenia and would love to be involved with the expo in some way. 

I'm not 100% sure on the requirements yet but can follow up with that soon.

15 hours ago, iphoneupdate said:

can we buy the merch pack at the convention?

You'll be able to buy merch on-site at the convention, yes. :) 

@CPotter My wife and I are attending and I bought the BYOC ticketx2 under my email/name. I saw that there is an option to gift/transfer your ticket to friend/family, but is it necessary for me to gift/transfer one of the two tickets I bought to my wife? The reason I ask is that when seating chart becomes available, I would rather pick both seats together instead of having me pick one and run the risk of my wife not able to pick the seat next to me as I am sure plenty of people will be trying to pick seats around the same time. Basically, are tickets bound to individuals and we will need to show ID with matching name to be able to pick up out pass, or can I have two passes with the same name and my wife and I each wear one? At tixr site, you have the option to edit the name for the LTX Merch Packs, but the edit option isn't available for the BYOC passes, otherwise I wouldn't be needing to ask this question. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I am going to one of the office tours, how long is the tour?

CPU: i5 3570
Mobo: P8Z77-V LK
Drives: 1TB 850 Evo,1TB 840 Evo
Graphics Card: 970 Strix

3 hours ago, Spartan256 said:

I am going to one of the office tours, how long is the tour?

30 minutes, just make sure you arrive at least 5 minutes before your tour begins. :)

7 hours ago, xorkon said:

@CPotter My wife and I are attending and I bought the BYOC ticketx2 under my email/name. I saw that there is an option to gift/transfer your ticket to friend/family, but is it necessary for me to gift/transfer one of the two tickets I bought to my wife? The reason I ask is that when seating chart becomes available, I would rather pick both seats together instead of having me pick one and run the risk of my wife not able to pick the seat next to me as I am sure plenty of people will be trying to pick seats around the same time. Basically, are tickets bound to individuals and we will need to show ID with matching name to be able to pick up out pass, or can I have two passes with the same name and my wife and I each wear one? At tixr site, you have the option to edit the name for the LTX Merch Packs, but the edit option isn't available for the BYOC passes, otherwise I wouldn't be needing to ask this question. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

As long as you have your tickets, you'll receive the two wristbands and you guys will be good to go. Two passes with the same name are fine. :)

@CPotter I DMed you. Also Should I bring extra power strips and Ethernet cables for people?

@CPotter Any updates on volunteering? ;) 

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

On 5/21/2019 at 6:48 PM, Ekst4zy said:

@CPotter Any updates on volunteering? ;) 

Very soon, booths are finally locked at of like two days ago. Within the next two weeks we'll be contacting people for sure.

5 hours ago, CPotter said:

Very soon, booths are finally locked at of like two days ago. Within the next two weeks we'll be contacting people for sure.

I can't even imagine what it takes to put on en event like this...  I'm still down for helping out as much as you guys need. I know the volunteer page said you want people to either do one 8 or two 4 hour shifts, but I can do more than 8 hours if necessary. 

3 hours ago, Cash091 said:

I can't even imagine what it takes to put on en event like this...  I'm still down for helping out as much as you guys need. I know the volunteer page said you want people to either do one 8 or two 4 hour shifts, but I can do more than 8 hours if necessary. 

It's a lot but not too bad, I think we've gotten a lot more organized now that this is our third time around haha. To be honest, I just jumped the gun completely trying to book volunteers when I didn't know exactly what we needed. :P 

Appreciate it!

3 hours ago, CPotter said:

It's a lot but not too bad, I think we've gotten a lot more organized now that this is our third time around haha. To be honest, I just jumped the gun completely trying to book volunteers when I didn't know exactly what we needed. :P  

At least its a learning experience for a potential LTX2020.

@CPotter can we get a list of recommended games to pre-load for the BYOC? I assume once the game tournament lists are finalized, that would be core to the list.

22 hours ago, wykydtronik said:

@CPotter can we get a list of recommended games to pre-load for the BYOC? I assume once the game tournament lists are finalized, that would be core to the list.

I'll message DreamHack and see if they have a list. If they do, I'll create a new thread here on the forum.

Thanks!

Hey @CPotter, I can't find any solid info on an LTX stream or recording?

Sorry if I'm missing a massive post or info section about it, I just can't seem to find anything.

I recall talk about it on the WAN show but cannot find any info about:

1. Whether or not a stream of LTX 2019 has been confirmed for floatplane.
  2. Whether or not it will be coming to youtube at the same time (I'm guessing not)
  3. Stream time start (I assume event time start?)

If this is a thing, it would be awesome to have on the Home (FAQ) and/or Activities page of ltxexpo.com

Also in the #news channel on the Discord.

It's been asked about a few times on Discord also.

Thanks in advance for any info, wish I could make it but it is not an option for me this year.

The Wife and I will be out next year :)

Hey @CPotter has the merch that will be available to purchase at LTX been finalized? I really want to get LTT gear without paying shipping. Also been hoping to buy an iFixit Kit without shipping as well.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

On 5/30/2019 at 11:01 AM, aaronedmistone said:

Sorry if I'm missing a massive post or info section about it, I just can't seem to find anything.

2. Whether or not it will be coming to youtube at the same time (I'm guessing not)

If this is a thing, it would be awesome to have on the Home (FAQ) and/or Activities page of ltxexpo.com

Thanks in advance for any info, wish I could make it but it is not an option for me this year.

As an FP user, streaming is working really well. But they still need to work on showing the archive of long videos. The WAN show just got on but is having issues with playback. Also as a person going to LTX with BYOC, just wait. They are figuring things out and will send more info when they can. I still haven't gotten an email regarding BYOC seats.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

On 5/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, aaronedmistone said:

Hey! The plan right now is to stream parts of the show to Floatplane. More info will be coming soon! And as soon as its finalized, I'll add that to the activities page on the website.

@CPotter sorry if this has already been asked, but how long will it be running every day? Like what time will people have to leave at night?

Thanks,

djtravz

21 hours ago, djtravz said:

@CPotter sorry if this has already been asked, but how long will it be running every day? Like what time will people have to leave at night?

11am - 6pm are the LTX expo times.

• 2 weeks later...

@CPotter I know a similair question has been asked, bur I bought 2 tickets, 1 byoc and one not. The tickets are for me and my mother but the names are mixed up, (her name is on the byoc and mine is on the normal one) Will that matter at the door? Do we have to switch the names somehow?

@CPotterSo I know that volunteer applications are currently being looked at, but I'm an anxious stress-ball and its finals week and I signed up for 1 shift Saturday and 2 shifts Sunday and was just wondering if the shifts are the full 8-hours because if that's the case I'd have no time to go experience the event or anything...and it would just ease my mind to have some sort of answer or response cause I'm probably going to explode waiting for this convention. I'm literally so excited for this and my lack of planning always bites me in the butt so I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

Yo Colton just wanted to say, you the man!

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD //