LTX 2019 Featuring DreamHack Questions Megathread

CPotter
On 6/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, Dayglorange said:

@CPotterSo I know that volunteer applications are currently being looked at, but I'm an anxious stress-ball and its finals week and I signed up for 1 shift Saturday and 2 shifts Sunday and was just wondering if the shifts are the full 8-hours because if that's the case I'd have no time to go experience the event or anything...and it would just ease my mind to have some sort of answer or response cause I'm probably going to explode waiting for this convention. I'm literally so excited for this and my lack of planning always bites me in the butt so I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

Hey! Did you get my email and provide your Discord handle? You should just volunteer for one day, and leave the other open to experience the event. :) 

Good luck with your finals!

13 hours ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Yo Colton just wanted to say, you the man!

No YOU the man. We'll see you guys soon!

On 6/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, CPotter said:

Hey! Did you get my email and provide your Discord handle? You should just volunteer for one day, and leave the other open to experience the event. :) 

Not gonna lie, I signed up as a PC Building Workshop Teacher on Saturday and VR Experience on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to both. Also, helping set up on Friday is going to be a blast! I love demoing VR for people. Especially people who haven't played VR before. 

LTX is getting closer and closer and I can't wait!!!

I want to participate in the PC building workshop.  Do I need to sign-up?

On 6/17/2019 at 9:46 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks, I finished all my finals with flying colors thankfully! :) And yes indeed I did put my Discord handle into the signup thing. I also added you on Discord. I'm guessing its just a matter of waiting now, then? I seriously can't wait for this. So excited to meet you guys and see what you've got in store for us.

7 hours ago, Dayglorange said:

Thanks, I finished all my finals with flying colors thankfully! :) And yes indeed I did put my Discord handle into the signup thing. I also added you on Discord. I'm guessing its just a matter of waiting now, then? I seriously can't wait for this. So excited to meet you guys and see what you've got in store for us.

DM me your handle... I think I might have missed you haha. Wanting to add everyone to the Discord asap.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, CPotter said:

DM me your handle... I think I might have missed you haha. Wanting to add everyone to the Discord asap.

Done and done. Thanks for all your help and handling all the volunteer coordination!

Do you need a BYOC ticket to participate in the tournaments that are going to be hosted? Just wondering so i can choose to buy a BYOC ticket from people on the forum or just the 2 day pass.

16 hours ago, Lefteh said:

Do you need a BYOC ticket to participate in the tournaments that are going to be hosted? Just wondering so i can choose to buy a BYOC ticket from people on the forum or just the 2 day pass.

I BELIEVE the tournaments are just for the BYOC areas.

Hey, I'm traveling from the states via plane and having a nightmare of a time figuring out how to bring a gaming monitor for BYOC. Is there a monitor rental service like other dreamhacks or am I just going to have to figure something out?

Also, how will the security work for the BYOC area? Are we allowed to bring Kensington Cables and Locks with us to secure our PCs or will there be adequate security to have peace of mind to leave our PCs behind without anyone messing with it?

Edited by MartinSince94
Additional question

Hi, I was wondering if there is a version of the list of activities and newly releases map in a form I could print out? I can't seem to get the web page to print out without it getting cut off at the top.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, punitdaga31 said:

@CPotter What VIPs are coming (confirmed and, if you can, unconfirmed)?

We have the same file... Try printing to page if you can? It might get squished I suppose... I added the booth activities to the website, hopefully, that helps a bit?

I'll get our graphic designer to do up another map with the map positioned horizontally.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:08 AM, MartinSince94 said:

Hey, I'm traveling from the states via plane and having a nightmare of a time figuring out how to bring a gaming monitor for BYOC. Is there a monitor rental service like other dreamhacks or am I just going to have to figure something out?

Also, how will the security work for the BYOC area? Are we allowed to bring Kensington Cables and Locks with us to secure our PCs or will there be adequate security to have peace of mind to leave our PCs behind without anyone messing with it?

There will be security but I would still bring locks. There won't be a monitor rental service this time around, apologies for that. Hopefully, someone here can share how they've packed up and brought their PC's... 

I've only ever been to LAN's with a car...

On 7/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, CPotter said:

There will be security but I would still bring locks. -snip-

Will there be spots on the desks for attaching locks?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

On 7/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, Fez_Boy said:

Will there be spots on the desks for attaching locks?

One of the desk legs is what I'd go with.

hello Folks,

I'm not sure if this was already addressed, but will there be a schedule posted, with all the events that will be taking place during each day ?

Thanks a bunch ?

What are the hours for each day? Does Sunday go until late?

Will the CPU delidding station also include substitute TIM and re-lidding? I'd hate to go home with two halves of a CPU

On 7/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, CPotter said:

There will be security but I would still bring locks. There won't be a monitor rental service this time around, apologies for that. Hopefully, someone here can share how they've packed up and brought their PC's... 

I've only ever been to LAN's with a car...

Same here. First out of states LAN for me. Currently having issues packing my monitor but PC is fine atm. I think I might have to buy one locally and take it back or figure out if anyone else needs one.

Another question... Will the youtube personalities have time for signing autographs or are we just going to have to rush them on stage? (just kidding, we won't hurt Linus)

22 hours ago, MartinSince94 said:

Same here. First out of states LAN for me. Currently having issues packing my monitor but PC is fine atm. I think I might have to buy one locally and take it back or figure out if anyone else needs one.

Another question... Will the youtube personalities have time for signing autographs or are we just going to have to rush them on stage? (just kidding, we won't hurt Linus)

LOL, of course people will have time for signing autographs. Maybe not EVERYONE depending on what they're doing and where they're going, but that's one of the main priorities of the event.

Thanks, :) 

This may sound like weird questions, but going to ask anyway. I'm a total newbie to gaming. My son and I are coming up from Oregon and will be doing the BYOC. What are the minimum specs that you will need to play games? I don't mind looking like the village idiot, but I would really like my son to have a computer that will do well there. He can't bring his brand new gaming computer, (will not let him, to expensive) and all we have currently is (from my stash) a HP Xeon Z600, 2x quad cores, but old and the graphics card will be a 2gb at best. Will that work? This trip with hotel is getting spendy and was hoping to not have to purchase a newer system just for this trip and then have the guilt and shame of returning it when we get back home.

Thanks much for any advice you have.

Also, my computer is a gaming laptop. Lenovo Legion Y530, just bought it. Hopefully it will be good enough for the basic games?