Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hbsterling

CPU Air Cooler

Posted · Original PosterOP

In my brand new build, I have a masterbox q300l with one fan on the back side that was included. I have an rx 580 and a ryzen 5 2600. According to Speccy, the GPU and motherboard will stay in mid to high 30 C degrees. But when I am just internet browsing the cpu temp is high 80s. So should I get a new fan cooler (I am using stock wraith spire w/ stock thermal paste) or add more fans for the top of the case (or front)?

Is your CPU actually at 100%? Are other programs also confirming this temperature? What is your ambient temperature (the temperature in the room you're in).

Coincidentally there was a Ryzen 5 2600 + stock cooler question a bit before and I looked up a review for temperatures to find a normal temperature (when at full load).

Quote from the Techspot review:

Now let’s talk temperatures. For testing we maintained an ambient temperature of 21 - 22 degrees and the Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero along with the Ryzen 5 2600 and its box cooler were placed in our Corsair Crystal 570X ATX case. Under these conditions the Wraith Stealth kept the R5 2600 at 74 degrees in our Blender stress test.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1614-ryzen-2600/page5.html

The 570X is a pretty good case with 3 120MM intakes (in its default config, which I assume they were using since there is no mention otherwise).

If your room is 10 degrees C higher than their room, it's not weird if your CPU temp is also 10 degrees C higher for example. Having less airflow may increase temps too.

So really, it's important to verify what I asked above and from there it can be discussed further if high 80's C temps are expected or not.

Just to preface; max temps of close to 90 degrees C are not weird if, your room is warmer, you have less airflow in the case and the CPU is working at 100%.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"We’re here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.” - Scott Pilgrim

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

Use Ryzen Master to monitor the temps, not Speccy. Ryzen Master does it the best. And then HWMonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor and HWinfo64.