Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoodBytes

You wanted a long battery life smartphone? Sweet specs? You don't care about extreme thinnest? Energizer (yes) has you covered!

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Exclamation marks?

No, the type of marks you use when explaining something :D

18 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Exclamation marks?

i hate chromes auto correct system... it's really bad, even with the search function turned on.

I once wrote a fan fiction between Luke and Dennis for Luke on one of his streams, he never read it, I SPENT 15MIN ON THAT!!!! (read it here: test1.docx )

and i am also the man who asked Linus to set his profile pic on twitter to something awesome: https://twitter.com/samiscool51/status/758526342396715009

(i didn't expect him to reply, nor for it to turn into official merchandise and actually affect LTT's video style!!!! i am god!!!) 

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJ2cQV

Anyone reading this is a very nosy wanker....

I actually want this phone. I don't care that it would stick out like a sore thumb but wow

What a beautiful duwang!

Chew.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

nice, my kind of phone.

---Intel I7 4790k@4.6GHz@1.24v---Gigabyte Z97gaming 5----H100i----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----3tb Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz----Sapphire Fury TriX----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Question..... Can you legally take this on a plane? I mean isn't there a restrictions on how big the battery can be to fly?

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants. 

Interesting product, but I would prefer a thinner phone with a removable battery instead. From a pure design standpoint, the LG V20 and G5 did the removable battery design well with metal "premium" materials but lacked an IPxx rating. On the other side, Samsung was able to incorporate a removable battery and IP67 rating with the Galaxy S5, but it was judged "ugly" and "cheap" looking with its plastic materials. If these ideas could be incorporated into a new product I think it would be very exciting to have a "premium" designed phone with a removable battery and IP67 rating or higher.

Non-removable batteries just don't promote long lasting devices (> 2 years) on average due to the nature of Li-ion batteries. Instead they create more e-waste due to more "upgrades" from consumers feeling their battery doesn't last as long or is throttling their experience as seen with the iPhone issue. Additionally, with annual flagship releases, people are tempted just to upgrade to have the "latest" thing. We have definitely started to see diminishing returns on smartphone specs in recent years; however people retaining their phones longer is simply bad for business.

The ironic thing to me is that when these manufacturers go to make these premium glass and metal designs with non-removable batteries, most users just slap on a case right after purchase anyway. Sure some people don't use a case, but I think its fair to say the average consumer does. Additionally, if a user attempts to replace their "non-replaceable" battery, the resistance seals are broken and it might not be possible to reseal them.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, DaRk0 said:

Kinda cool for when you need a secondary phone for 2fa and second number that you use only at home and can't be bothered to charge it all the time.

Would buy it just for that.

Or there's this thing called an outlet, just leave it plugged in 24/7 since it's already being left at home 24/7.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

19 hours ago, 79wjd said:

Or there's this thing called an outlet, just leave it plugged in 24/7 since it's already being left at home 24/7.

That is true but I don't like the idea of leaving stuff with batteries plugged in when I'm not at home.

CPU: Intel i7 4770K Motherboard: Asus Gryphon Z87 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) GPU: EVGA GTX1070 FTW2 SSD: Intel 335 180GB SSD | Crucial MX200 250GB SSD HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Western Digital Green 2TB Case: Corsair Carbide 400C PSU: Corsair RM850

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Image result for note 4 with extended battery

this is what the note 4 community has been doing for years

Animes i want to have another season: Noragami, No game no life, clannad, black bullet

On 3/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, Donut417 said:

Question..... Can you legally take this on a plane? I mean isn't there a restrictions on how big the battery can be to fly?

there is. but it only applies to standalone batteries iirc. doesn't count batteries inside of devices (so long as you can actually carry those on)

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

The size of this phone isn't actually that bad once you consider that most people put on thick cases that more then doubles the height of a phone stock.

The part that would actually be an issue is the weight.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.